Arpeggio of Blue Steel

Dex-chan lover
Urf, probably the first time I'll have to re-read the whole thing to remember where I was when I left this manga... oh well...

Dex-chan lover
I remembered reading chapter 51 a long time ago, does the translation stop?

Is this manga get picked by a new scanlator? I know that this manga is already been licensed by by CR. Well, I'm glad there is a new activity on this mangadex section.

Group Leader
We aren't picking it back up because of licensing, it was just a kind anon uploading all of our old archives for us.

Power Uploader
This was a manga that started great, but started to taper off mid-story. It doesn't help that the story is real complex, and there's a lot of similar looking characters, but Crunchyroll/Seven Seas takes so long between each chapter that you almost had to re-read the whole thing to remember what's going on between each release.

@seekermoc so would you recommend it or not? Does the story make sense? I read the description here and "fighting the aliens 17 years later for some reason" sounds like a big red flag. I just hope that's not how the actual work introduces protagonists.

Power Uploader
@mudcrab

At this point I wouldn't. It's been licensed, so you won't find the new chapters here, and release of the official chapters are real slow and sporadic. It's also a typical shonen, where the background of the world is deliberately not revealed to keep the reader in the dark. So yes, "fighting the aliens 17 years later for some reason" is pretty much how the story is introduced. They slowly reveal bits and pieces of what's actually going on, but as of the time I dropped it (around chap 90) the reader still doesn't have a grasp of why they're fighting in the first place.

@seekermoc thanks for the impression mate, i'll steer clear then. There's just too many series with weak storytelling like that - powerful start and then it gets lost in itself. Sometimes i wonder if certain authors wouldn't do much better writing oneshots only.

Dex-chan lover
@mudcrab it's more of story pacing being too slow 'cause we have too much chapters focused on fights that it's awesome to look. Atm, caught up with chapter 103 and the story pacing became a bit faster and tbh, slowly answered some questions yet gave more questions.

I'd recommend giving it a try first to see if it catches your attention 'cause it did for me...

also, the wait didn't bother me much since I have too much to read/watch/play on my backlog... ~_~

Dex-chan lover
When I bookmark things in my folders for unread, partially read, or completed series, I give myself some sort of short summary of the characters or themes so I can get an idea of what the hell it is at a later date. This one got "the heroine is a boat"

I probably haven't even thought about this series since 2011 but that short, stupid phrase actually reminded me what the hell this is. My filing system might be more effective than I usually give it credit for.

Dex-chan lover
I'm curious on when the english translation going to get here. Other sites already reached chapter 106 since yesterday.

Contributor
The other sites are ripping off the licensed translation done by Crunchyroll.

Interesting thing to note. Last chapter done by unofficial scanlators is 51. Crunchyroll started at 53. Where in the world is chapter 52????

Group Leader
english translated chapters have 124 message me if you want a link if i post the link here it would get deleted

Users who are viewing this thread