Ability to disable notifications on select comments :rejected:

jak

Contributor
Could we possibly get that feature? It would be nice not to have my notifications spammed with triggered people because I voiced an opinion about something and they didn't like.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Lol at your reason, but I support you anyway

+1

Double-page supporter
> It would be nice not to have my notifications spammed with triggered people because I voiced an opinion about something and they didn't like.

So you can freely troll people without consequences?

Contributor
wellwellwell.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Kind of curious what OP's comment was if he claims it "triggered" so many people that he gets his "notifications spammed".

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@comeonnow0
I would make a joke but if Teasday saw me, I'd be dead... Eh why not, justforthelulz arlready did one.

Ejem, he
claimed that holding hands was not lewd.

Alright, see you tomorrow if I'm still here.

Jak, you do know the point of commenting is to get comments right?

Nothing will be done if you decided to post baby seal clubbing or
something else and are getting flamed.

Dex-chan lover
it's a common courtesy to answer a call, especially when you are called by name.
granted that this is the internet and you can always ignore people but that's not of a polite manner, isn't it?

that said, forum rework will be launched with v5. so maybe they'll implement that if you beg enough.

also i think it will be too late to enable the feature, as you'll disable the notification after you realized you're being flamed. might as well disable notification as a whole, but i doubt they'll implement that.

Dex-chan lover
@crazybars Yeah. The OP's request is quite strange. That functionality already exists, after all: Stop posting comments. Nobody can reply to comments that don't exist.

It's pretty rare to see a forum poster who doesn't want anyone to read their comments, yet still keeps writing them.

Double-page supporter
Just like with any other problem in your life, this one can be solved with a little bit of JavaScript. 🙂
All you have to do is to write a userscript that checks notifications, discards those on set comments and keeps others in the localstorage until you check them yourself.

vMKSXEs.jpg

The One
Staff
Admin
What you're asking is technically not possible.
Notifications are like the ping/mention system on discord. It's not a reply feature.
The notification has no connection to the comment people are replying to.

Dex-chan lover
Either don't comment, ignore the pings/notifications, or... Block every users in MD, then you won't ever receive any notifications again :3

jak

Contributor
@BzzBzz

Nope, so I don't get spammed when I disagree with some plot point and it triggers people because I had the gall to disagree. Not into trolling.

So you want an echo chamber where only people you want to comment can comment. No. Thats what Gab/Parler/otherrightwinginsanity is for.

If you block people to avoid seeing their posts, does that also block their Notifications/DMs from being received or not?

Users who are viewing this thread