disappearing chapters :fixed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
having an issue when chapters are being updated, they’re suddenly disappearing despite being updated. doesn’t seem to be the chapter being deleted as i can read it normally if it shows up in my updated manga. however, when i check the original page for the manga/manhwa, the newly added chapter is not there. sometimes the updated chapter disappears from my updated list. this only started today, nkt sure if it’s a bug or not.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I'm noticing mangadex is having trouble updating since a few hours ago, in my homepage, the last submissions were about 3 hours ago, but if I check my follows, the latest submission was about 20-40 minutes ago. The same happened with forums, the last reply was 4 hours ago but the actual last replay happened 15 minutes ago.

This more or less solved itself, but sometimes when I click on forums, it shows an empty page or it doesn't show the latest replies. I have to refresh the page for it to work properly.

MD@Home
I'm seeing something similar. I will have a bunch of stuff in my Follows, but then I'll read one and go back and now there are way less in Follows. It also doesn't seem to be marking things as read properly. It seems like it could be a load balancing problem where it's bouncing me around different servers that aren't up to date.

Edit: Just saw the post about server desync. Makes sense. I didn't see that post even though it was from an hour ago. And when I posted just now my post didn't show until the fourth refresh.

MD@Home
I'm still seeing this desync behavior. It seems to happen with everything on the site.

Contributor
Yep. Been going on for a bit, gets really annoying when 5 hours worth of updates magically vanish.

Most likely due to an out of sync between the different cache layers.

The chapter themselves always exist, but depending where you are looking for them they sometime do not show.

Personally i've had them show in my follow list, but not on the manga's page itself for example.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Dealing with a database sync issue, nothing you do is getting lost but it is occasionally getting stuck in a time vortex Should be fixed soon.

Dex-chan lover
ok so i wasnt the only one having this problem good to know

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Database desync issue. Nothing was lost, you'd just occasionally talk to the wonky DB and go a few hours back in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread