What Manga Tropes Get On Your Nerves And Why?

Dex-chan lover
Straight up. What's a trope you really hate seeing why do you hate it so much?

Fed-Kun's army
New romance/sex comedy. Main guy, main girl.

Four chapters of flirting and jokes.

Going good so far.

Chapter 5: "Heeeeere's a new girl! She's less good than the first girl and you'll just want her to get out of the way! But we gotta have more girls to put on the covers!"

God damn it.

So my answer is "drip-feed harems", where a series is premised on an initial strong relationship and then half-baked love triangles are thrown in later to generate some filler material. Contrast series where the harem drama is present immediately, like Quintuplets or the recent Katagiri-san.

It's not ALWAYS bad and sometimes a series is good in spite of it, but it always exasperates me.

Isekai trash is general. I like fantasy genre. I really do. But it's flooded with trashy isekai shit.
w0xpm88zh6q11.jpg

Double-page supporter
@gryffinp for me is when they introduce a new girl that is far better than the original heroine and you know that she's not going to win in the end

Dex-chan lover
When the first girl to appear is guaranteed to win by the end

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if this counts as a trope, but I hate it when two characters in a romance series have a "will they, won't they" relationship that lasts until the last chapter. Just move the relationship along, or it'l become too boring.

Masculine girl suddenly wants to be feminine or secretly wanted to be feminine and becomes weaker :mad: it’s so cringe and tomboys are epic and deserve better

Stupid MCs. Especially overpowered and stupid MCs. I know wanting to create some drama to move the plot along, but when your entire plot can be resolved if the MC had a brain cell or common sense, it's just a bad plot.

I don't know if the biggest offender is Chinese shoujo romances or isekais.

Copy-pasted cultivating manhuas.

In when MC transmigrated or born in the cultivated world, things like:
- OP from the start MCs
- Dumbass MCs
- “Trash ass” MCs (who’s both dumb and OP, with a spark of arrogance)
- OP MC reborned as a “Trash ass” body
- Dumbass friend and girlfriend betrayal
- Starting off with broken medrians
- Shitty family, except with a girl and/or guy who likes the MC
- Arrogant family members
- Most (or it all) males are enemies to MC
- Thots and bitches falling in love to MC
- Border-line hentai (showed too many exposed tits)
- Killing for no or dumb reasons
- Violence is always the answer
- Harem
- Pride
- Too many names to only forget
- An old-ghost guy who helps the MC
- No beach episodes/chapters
- Cultivating plot
- Has to go to school/academy to “improve”
- Tries to become rich
- Shows off alchemy to oldies to get rich
- Cringe
- Heaven and Earth BS words (includes names of buildings, potions/pills, attacks)
And so much more...

“And what about when the MC transmigrated from the cultivating world to the modern world?”

Well it’s the fucking exact same thing. Except the MC brings his knowledge from his old world to get rich.

BTW, someone make a bingo sheet of this, similar to the isekai one from above.

Dex-chan lover
Stupid shoujo main characters :)
They all have the collective iQ of 0

Those edgy (or edgyn't) ass isekai main characters that for some reason always attracts girls. In real life common sense is applied.... Well, a isekai loner is born (woohoo)

And of course, all of the isekai trash bingo over there

shit when the tsundere fucking blows the guy she loves to outer space, and the guy does literally nothing to defend himself, honestly if there was a violent tsundere after me i would call the fucking cops on multiple counts of physical assault, but ig the mc is too fucking stupid to fight back, or hes to much of a simp to hit back a girl, idfk jst pisses me off

Dex-chan lover
'Girls hitting guys over anything and everything'. Often it's never called out, and sometimes it's even applauded when it shouldn't be. Not something I'd drop a series over, but it's still a pet peeve.

Yuri trope -
What is this feeling in my chest?
Is it love?
But we're both girls!
She would probably think I'm weird.
I can't confess I want to preserve our friendship.
Some random shit happens
Oh, turns out she is in love with me too. The End.

shit when the tsundere fucking blows the guy she loves to outer space, and the guy does literally nothing to defend himself, honestly if there was a violent tsundere after me i would call the fucking cops on multiple counts of physical assault, but ig the mc is too fucking stupid to fight back, or hes to much of a simp to hit back a girl, idfk jst pisses me off
@goldenarrow1176 my thoughts exactly. On the other hand titles where bitches get good hit in the face start to feel like rare delicacy among all this shit with henpecked males.

Group Leader
I don't mind if it's done for comedic purposes. And usually when something like happens, the dude did something perverted to earn some slaps. (Ex.: Master Roshi, dude from Gin Kanojo.)

And then there are Konosuba and Chuunibyou, in which everyone gets hit equally. X3

Users who are viewing this thread