The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 94

Dex-chan lover
Oh god, the whole thing with Aino and how Lucius and Pauliana connected the dots was top tier comedy.
Shame that we got reality call so quickly, I wouldn't mind if the whole chapter was just them making fun of Aino.

As people have already pointed out, I'm mistaken in my judgement below because I have remembered things wrongly but I leave this comment so it doesn't seem like those people who replied to me are talking to the void lol

why is the emperor treating this like a joke ? He knows that his longtime friend loves a woman he will never get and it's the first time it happened to him so what's the joke? Does he intend to "give" her to him? Her family sent her to marry an emperor not a knight so that's impossible. Will they "share" her?
I put "give" and "share" between quotes because it's not like women are objects but let's face it, they are in this context. Families trade their daughters for money, prestige or whatever like they are nothing

Back to my point, this is tragic and I don't see anything funny or remotely comedic about it.

@Akera93 What are u talking about? Lady Cekel is clearly not one of the concubines, she is a lady-in-waiting of Lady Stra. Emperor meant that if they would want to marry each other, he would support them.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Akera93
Are you talking about Cekel? Cekel isn't a concubine, she's a concubine's servant.

@Akera93 Sir Aino is in love with one of the lady-in-waiting of one of the Emperor's concubine, not the concubine.

Dex-chan lover
@Akera93 Well.. Its not like she ever even had a chance with the emperor, and the knight in question is not some random no-name knight, but the emperors right hand man, so her family would see no problem with marrying their daughter to him.
Also, one can find humor in everything, even tragic things, so the fact that this selfloving person that they know so much has finally found someone that won't take crap from him and is instead dominating him, making him fall for her is just comedical.

In my opinion this arc of the king and his queens is boring.

This is one of my favorite webtoons. I hope that things start to pick up and focus on Paulina some more. This webtoon was always a good combination of action, comedy and some romance. Lately it's just been about the queens and their relationships and they aren't that interesting.

Dex-chan lover
@NyanNyan Agreed, but its difficult to make it interesting all the time, and it won't really be a problem in the future when we can read trough all the chapters from start to end. The slow pace its released at the moment with the boring story of the concubines makes it hard to even be interested in what will happen in the next chapter and such, wich means alot of people might just put it on hold until something starts happening again.

I honestly keep thinking about how this story would end, I could read the novel, but I want to follow through with the manhwa. I don't think it deserves a typical fairytale ending, I definitely feel like it'll be a twist. Let's see how Aino goes about winning over lady Inglet

@NyanNyan I actually liked this arc’s focus on the relationship between the emperor and the concubines. Generally this type of plot would be viewed from the perspective of someone who is part of the relationship (aka the emperor or one of the concubines), so it it was pretty interesting twist to see it from the perspective of someone who is not exactly part of the relationship.
It was also nice how Paulina didn’t only observe the relationship from the sidelines (maybe occasionally being involved for a talk), but also learned from watching them and it added to her character growth

Fed-Kun's army
How Lucius and Pauliana accurately guessed about Aino's love interest was great, perfect in showing not telling.

I find the Aino humor to be a good balance for the mostly serious current arc. Pauliana up to this point has had very little interaction with women, as she acknowledged herself. So it's some good character growth to see her relating in some ways to them and their struggles, rather than constantly comparing herself only to the men around her. The arc isn't as "fun" as Paul kicking all the chauvinists in her vicinity, but I appreciate the value of the arc to the overall story. :)

I still can't understand why the emperor can't just admit his feelings to her. If he's hung on to them this long, the feelings won't go away on their own. As painful as it is to be rejected, for some people that's the best way to move on; I feel like that's what he should try. Paul is nice but she doesn't get romance, so I don't feel like she'd really get all that awkward if she has no return feelings, she'd just say Whatever and go on with it like she did with Younger Brother.

Edit: It would be one thing if the emperor was still a teenager in a high school love story, but to be unrequited for something like 10 years and be a man in his early thirties I feel is quite bizarre.

Dex-chan lover
allllright can anyone who has read the raws or the novel or whatever spoil me?? will the emperor and mc be together one day?? and if they do what will he do about his current wives? will he just neglect them or divorce them right away? will he have a relationship with mc while still married?
sorry but seeing this is really heartbreaking i dont know what i should hope for anymore so i at least want to know what happens at the end ;-;
plz notify me or send me a dm and do use the spoiler button ^^ thx in advance
thx for the chappy!!

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I see this update and I don't even look forward to it, all these political struggle and other relationships when I just want to see a prince and his knight fall in love 😔

@Rinkha
Hope these spoilers help ease the pain of waiting for a new chapter! Sorry if they were a lil incoherent lol
P.S. These spoilers directly correlate to Rinkha's Q's so if your wondering what's in response to what pls read her comment!
Also pls correct me if i'm wrong its been a while since I read the actual book :)

MC and ML, will they? won't they?
Yes they do get together but it takes a while... Paulina gets engaged to the doctor, breaks off the engagement after realizing he’s trash, gets drunk sleeps with the emperor gets pregnant, runs away, is eventually found out and wooed. There was really never any hiding because the baby (boy) looks identical to the Emperor lol. But it takes some time for them to sort out there feelings for one another as she has primarily seen him as someone she looks up to and wishes to follow. But they do eventually get married, she does become empress, and there son becomes a knight. Fun tidbit, in her wedding portrait she wears a full suit of armor because why not?

Empresses/what happens to da qweenz?
The weak one dies after giving birth to a princess. More over it’s between her living of the baby and she makes the ultimate call to save the baby above all else. This princess later becomes the next empress kinda a wish fulfillment on the mother’s half who was greedy for actual power and prestige not just that of her husbands. Her death and the birth of the princess leads to Our main girl Paul and the emperor having a fight and her getting engaged, and it also breaks the emperors heart :(. Not only because he just lost some one he cared about, but also because his one love decided to up and marry a boring if not terrible guy. The blond one gets kicked out (kinda) for treason? I believe? Pretty much her backers are sneaking around and being shady. And I think the other one who had a false pregnancy leaves by choice? I think she either wanted to find actual love or also did some sneaking around... not quite sure which. I don’t remember when this happens, but that’s what I’ve gotten from the MTL and spoilers I’ve read :) Basically it means that Paul is the only queen and the only empress he’s ever crowned.

Personal opinion
It all kinda breaks my heart, seeing the two run around in circles bumping into every possible plot device, but on the other hand I think it’s one of the more real depictions of what an actual royal marriage would be like. Far more about politics and power then love. It does hurt to see everybody princess’ included all struggling to find anything even close to find happiness. I’m grateful Paul gets a chance to emotionally grow but it sucks that it has to be through so much clownery. The book itself is way more detailed in describing the conflicting emotions and actions of all characters. It’s really heartbreaking. :( I JUST WANNA SEE ML AND FL HAPPY PLAYING CHESS KICKING ASS AND MAKING FUN OF AINO, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!

How long is all dis gonna take? When will the emotional torture end?
In my humble opinion given how long “seasons” are for this series, for all this stuff to shake out, I think it’ll take another season, if I’m correct in looking at Manhwa raws this seasons almost over, and I suspect? (Could be wrong) that the next season (if as long as part 2 if not longer) will wrap everything up. Season 2 has covered a lot of ground and it feels like the author is speed racing through the emotional torture to savor the cute couple moments/relationship development for us...? (I hope...)

This is going to be a complicated path... I mean I knew that this wouldn't be a simple story the moment he took in concubines. On the other hand, I don't really mind the extra complexity, just that I can sense that this is probably going to be a long ride.

Users who are viewing this thread