Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 6 Ch. 51 - My memories of Tokyo

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
If Tokyo has one tenth of a similarity with my capital city, my opinion would be the same, I would love to visit it but I would never want to live there. There's a lot of cool stuff but the city's society seems too fast for me, I would get desperate.

Anyway, competition to see who falls in love faster? I want to see who wins!

Dex-chan lover
There's probably a spectrum that spans between purely using someone and loving them utterly unconditionally, right? And since the story's kind of playing with the concept, I gotta ask: Where exactly on that spectrum does vampirism really draw the line between love and not love?

Defining love sounds like a massive pain in the ass. This manga seems to be playing a bit fast and loose with the definition. It looks to me that Yamori current feels are a "healthier" or less intense version of Menhera-san's. Are Yamori's feels not strong enough or is there something that is missing? Love is such a vague thing.

@richman Feel exactly the same way, the rush and tightness of everything together in capital cities are just too much for me to live in. I like visiting these places for a few days but definitely prefer suburbs

Double-page supporter
@twinklecake

I'm pretty sure that's why the other vampire girls got so many underlings. They are using them and only fooling themselves that the love is mutual.

So far I got the impression that all the female vampires are immature. I feel like the underlings don't need to love their parent to become a vampire, but rather just be so infatuated or addicted being with the vampire that they can't perceive a life without them. And that is made the vampires falsely believe that "love" is required for them to sire vampires.

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake That is a really good question.

I think a nice way of seeing it would be to now the underlying motivations and reactions of those involved; Nazuna and Kou have a healthy relationship, they bicker and play but care for each other; Hatsuka situation is strange, by any means their interactions with those three "friends" is strange, but at the same time they seem to truly care for them it is an overpowering relationship but it is functional and those involved are satisfied; Kiku and Mahiru situation just doesn't click well, because to Kiku this seems like a game, she doesn't care for Mahiru or any of her "servants", they are a challenge only to attractive to the point were the give away to her, be it with her conscious intention or not, and by what she says she maintains them close just out of habit.

This is how i see things, this story isnt really reinventing the mold but its execution about the nature of relationships is really well made.

Edit: Just a little observation... i have the impression that the trio in Hatsuka's home arent vampires, if i am right this sheds a different light on their relationship.

Dex-chan lover
@someunregpunk I think immaturity is the most important thing to survive as a nigh immortal being, the mind wouldn't be able to survive if there isnt a flexible space between their world perception and their desires.

It isnt a justification for bad behavior just an explanation.

I'm guessing rather than love they need some "positive" but intense emotions towards said vampire.

Obsession counts, a lot of what we saw was more obsession rather than love. It can be confused for "love" and sure they love but in a very different way.

You can love someone as a friend, as family, as a woman/man, as an object of obsession, out of fleeting passion and so on.

Dex-chan lover
@cfusion25 Imagine if that is like, the question that is currently explored in the manga, that would be absolutely insane. I mean, mangas having arcs with underlying narrative theme? That's unheard of!

Users who are viewing this thread