I thought Liang Yu said that he took care of the messenger to the Elder when they were forming their plan in secret? Did he lie? Wouldn't surprise me if he did, but how is he going to explain this to the Elder now?
Xinghe just replaced a Fox with a Snake.... Liang Yu is probably going to let the Elder proceed with trying to wipe out the Azure Feather family and claim he has no control or way to stop it. While in truth he'll be fully supporting it and telling the Elder its a great plan etc. He's actually a pretty damn good villain and the author has done a good job of building his character.

Anyone remember what exactly is after 9th layer? or even 10th? The pace being what it is, it's been too long to remember and going back to find it can be a little tough at this point.

Guess the elder's chance to ascend to 9th stage is zero now, since he will die really soon because of this matter.

@Happily_Grim
Liang Yu is probably going to let the Elder proceed with trying to wipe out the Azure Feather family and claim he has no control or way to stop it. While in truth he'll be fully supporting it and telling the Elder its a great plan etc. He's actually a pretty damn good villain and the author has done a good job of building his character.
Sounds very likely. A very clever tactic. And I agree, I'm liking this Liang Yu better and better.

Takes over the family? Ok, let's purge right now all members of the deposed faction, even those who appear broken and harmless. Preferably in a way that is quick and efficient. Boasting that you are so high and powerful that everyone else should bow to you is inviting disaster. Pragmatic villainy at its finest. Machiavelli would be proud.

The best part? For now, he's an ally. His cruelty actually helps our protagonists (although I'm sure that, sooner or later, he'll be at odds with Xinghe).

Contributor
@Happily_Grim
If i remembered Casval words 1 year ago in batoto.
There is cultivation above 9th layer, same as TODG 5 stars legend layer is humanity peak layer limit.
But there is possible break above that limit, when cultivator can distort power of law

Dex-chan lover
@Misticsan
Yes, letting someone from the wronged party survive a coup is how you get the overpowered MC of some revenge story to come after you. Even and especially if he's supposedly crippled.

Dex-chan lover
@Misticsan oh hi again just replied to u elsewhere too xD

i think its more likely if hes smart, that he will become something like a patron to the MC, i mean the MC has powerful backers and is clearly going somewhere. Frankly if it turns into DarkMoon vs MC i would find a convenient way to rewrite history (as it looks like he has already done to some extent) to make it look like the darkmoon family had always been loyal to its branches, of course the patriarch was corrupt ( a bit of forgery and messing with account books would help) and this was just one symptom of the horrid things he had done. After all what kind of parent would attack their child? (solid gold line, ill bet he finds a way to work in some lines about the role of a parent and filial piety).

Remember the difference between a righteous ruler and a tyrant is which one wins in the end and gets to write the history books, ill bet he plays this smoothly like a true pro and plays all sides of the board.

(i feel like i had a point going into this but im not sure it survived my stream of consciousness...)

I hope he doesn't oppose the MC in the future. It's refreshing to see the uneasy alliance between such an evil person and a traditionally morally upright MC.

Users who are viewing this thread