Radiant - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - Rebirth

So is the inquisition a real world parallel to white supremacists? Captain Konrad the prejudiced refers to General torque as a superior. Her name escapes me at the moment but if the flute girl is working with the Inquisition she's working against herself because not only are they looking to culturally cleanse minorities but Fantasia users herself, unless they make a deal with 'cursed' that help exterminate their own kind. Which would be similar To privateers who are basically government-sanctioned Pirates or more familiarly Warlords from One Piece. I hope I get answers to my question this is a really intriguing series I'm glad it doesn't seem to pull any punches.

Contributor
Man, this arc is a way more straightforward allegory than I expected. Does anyone here know anything about French recent history from around 2013 that this may be responding too, or was this like "since no one of power is actively trying to racially cleanse places anymore, I can use this as a plot point in my story without it feeling too real!" kind of deal

How do you steal a mustache... and not notice that a mustache has been stolen from you.

@Ceiye : in recent interviews Tony Valente explecitely said he was refering to the migrant issues we have in Europe these last few years and the increase of extreme rights movement (marine lepen was in second turn of presidential elections)
He also said he directly quoted Manuel Valls the former prime minister in some of Konrad de Marbourg speech
Below is a link to one of those articles:
https://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2018/10/06/radiant-ou-les-incroyables-aventures-d-un-dessinateur-francais-au-pays-du-manga_5365601_4408996.html

Contributor
@Kdom Ooh, ok. Thanks!

Damn. That's real fucked up if the guy was directly quoted... I hope it works out better here than it has in the real world...

Group Leader
@RedZebra : This is so cool to see your reactions :p This is exactly for this that I want to translate this manga for other people :p Don't worry, the answers for your questions won't have to wait for too long :p
@Ceiye : Yeah, the speeches from Konrad directly comes from multiple french politicians and it's really frightening to see that people can still think like that nowadays... and that other people are following them accordingly... O__o The next arc, Caislean Merlin is a bit less straightforward in the topics it handle but is still really interesting.

Dex-chan lover
The immigration homily is getting a little tiresome. I'm not anti-immigration, but I really dislike being preached to.

Power Uploader
@RedZebra

So is the inquisition a real world parallel to white supremacists? Captain Konrad the prejudiced refers to General torque as a superior. Her name escapes me at the moment but if the flute girl is working with the Inquisition she's working against herself because not only are they looking to culturally cleanse minorities but Fantasia users herself, unless they make a deal with 'cursed' that help exterminate their own kind. Which would be similar To privateers who are basically government-sanctioned Pirates or more familiarly Warlords from One Piece. I hope I get answers to my question this is a really intriguing series I'm glad it doesn't seem to pull any punches.

Wellll, you'll find that out very soon. ? And the Inquisition isn't quite this world's Klan, no. It's made clear later on, and even by Dragunov a little earlier, that Konrad is acting behind his superiors' backs here.

@Northern It is a little heavy-handed, yeah. I can get why some would find it annoying. The writing gets much better in the next arc, thankfully.

@Kdom Hmm, par curiosité, c'est quelle citation de Valls qu'il a utilisée ?

Users who are viewing this thread