Custom title
Staff
Developer
"Mineth" is not a word

You can't just add "th" and pretend that's somehow Early Modern English

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@MooPoint I would recommend actually studying the grammar and vocabulary of Early Modern English instead of making it up.

Could go with something like "Mother, knowest thou where my breeches be?" but on the other hand you should probably just ignore it and use normal modern English.

Contributor
@Teasday I considered that.. but not knowing Japanese history/poems/etc. it seemed odd to me that the father would use an old way of saying "i" and then use the modern word for underwear (パンツ vs 下着, or something else). So I just followed the original text.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Sure, but "mineth" isn't an old way of saying "my".

Contributor
@Teasday Yeah I think I'll just use normal English and just star the words that and ask kn1000a to TL note that.

@Teasday all I did was putting it in an Eng-OldEng translation site. We didn’t know how to make it obvious to readers that it was old Japanese and not normal Japanese. My bad for that.

Since everyone is nitpicking the fuck out of one word that most would understand is supposed to be old English, it is time to time, not times to times.

Dex-chan lover
Set the hentai kamen scene in the center of your screen and play the theme "sephiroth" from Final Fantasy (you can find it easily on youtube).

Dex-chan lover
That isn't the father's underwear, though. They look far too small for the buff looking old man. Unless he has unproportionally tiny hips and legs. And no junior down there. No chance for that, considering his profession.

Dex-chan lover
@Tcof I don't understand what you are trying to say, but it doesn't really matter.

Dex-chan lover
I'm with Shewy92 on this. This was some massive nerdy nitpicking here. Peeps make up "Shakespearean" words all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread