The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 92

Pauliana understood the most importantly thing!!!
Doing what you can with the situation you are in and try to achieve success and be recognized for it applies to her and all other woman. The difference was that most had their life's limited at the domestic sphere of life.
Hope she can help the lady overcome her grief! And make more friendships with other woman;

Aggregator gang
Aaaaa this chaoter bring tears to my eyes. Honestly, i am glad the concubines are all good women not some kind of typical villainesses that will try yo hurt the fl lmaoo. Its kinda wholesome actually, pauliana relationship with the three of them

This chapter and the previous one were so important for Pauliana. The concept of womanhood and how it was explained, even if not extensively, was so great, in my opinion. The differences displayed between the life of a woman who was left with nothing and a woman who has everything, but both have to fight to be recognised, accepted and taken seriously. They both did not have a choice, an option to live the life they might have wanted, because they had to survive first. Pauliana needed the sword, the battlefield, to be surrounded by death and blood to survive, used as a war tool. Whilst the princess and all the other women needed beauty and youthfulness, to be wed and to become mothers, used instead as political and social tools in order to make a life.
Pauliana’s realisation that they are both fighting their battles and that what she is doing is more than all the other women can even begin dreaming about is so important.

Thank you very much for translating the chapter.

Thank you very much for translating this, I 100% agree with @Kriss10, this chapter is essential for making this manhwa, not just good but great. It contextualizes everyone's fight in a real-world setting and makes the characters all the more real and poignant. This is the way character development should be.

This chapter's message needs to be understood by every female of the planet : we are valid, and valued whatever the race or the age! Paulina got a huge step close to understanding that, if not completely and that's the character développement she deserves

Earlier I felt like I wanted to rush through the chapters so that pauliana can be with the king but now I just want her to understand and be understood by others, taking time to hear their struggles and hopefully let them listen to hers. bb girl made me cry a little this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Wow these last two chapters were really great! I honestly didn’t expect such a serious and nuanced discussion about womanhood, but I’m so glad we’re getting it. This marks a really important point for Paulina to start to look at those around her and see the world as more than just battles and peace. When she realized that everyone was fighting in their own way, it made me think back to her initial meeting with the concubines where she thought they were going to fight and was disappointed.

I honestly expected her to alway kinda be dense about these kinds of topics so I’m glad princess Rebecca gave her that talk, she really needed it.

And this is a message about empowerment, equality and feminism, not screeches that having door held for them "rapes" them

I don't get what's there to feel compassion for.
There was no loss.
There was no failure.
If anything the problem are the people who spread rumors. Lady Stra, if she didn't spread rumors, did nothing to be upset for.

@Binary10011 It wasn't rumors. It was a phantom pregnancy, so she had all the symptoms of a pregnancy, but there wasn't any foetus. She really believed that she was pregnant. It's very difficult for a woman to endure that especially with the context of the Time and all the pressure. Psychologically, It's the same for her as if she had a miscarriage. It's even worse because she Can ne accused of spreading rumors.

Now i kinda dont want her to end up with the emperor even more. If she becomes empress, for me, it kind of invalidates her achievements because people would stop thinking she got those out of merit? Also, I lowkey feel bad for the concubines. Tbh, i hoped we had a different outcome for the Donau confession chapters. Or pauliana could meet another guy who's not the emperor. Or she could justnot get marrie, thats fine too!

Aggregator gang
this manhua aint perfect but im always really impressed with how its able to acknowledge the gender dynamics and sexism at play. i feel like in a lot of "breaking the glass ceiling" stories you have one female character who achieves a traditionally gendered/unobtainable role and then bam- sexism is over. but that's not how it works, as im sure other people who are women/are treated as women/can emphasize with our struggles understands.

also - not holding my breath - but i like that they make a distinction between lady rebecca wanting to BE male in order to be recognized and gain legitimacy, vs pauliana who does not wish to be male and instead be recognized as female and not have her person hood diminished as a result. both are completely valid and sympathetic responses to living in a patriarchal system. its honestly impressive a manhua/webcomic was able to address these hefty topics w/o feeling flippant

Man, I fucking love this manhwa. I have never seen such depth being explored through any character, ever!

Users who are viewing this thread