The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 91

I dunnooo.... i feel like all miss Paul needs to say is: well have u ever been thought of as so useless your dad pretends you are a boy and sends you to war to die as a child?

Soz love, dont try and sob story your way over here. Miss Paul didnt get a choice.

Awe it’s kinda sad though, she can’t empathize because she never even got the option to be treated as a woman, it reminds me so much of my time in the service. This is such a well built story I love it so much <3

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Mimssoun
I think I read on previous chapters that
he's evil/ has bad intentions
, but I could be wrong and be thinking about another title.

@Richman
Yeah, I read the same thing. Plus the observation that he "smiles a lot" may indicate that he is putting up a front. I'm highly suspicious of him...

@xsweetmex
You’re being way too aggressive against her. Like she’s simply pointing out the fact that Paul just doesn’t understand her struggles because of he fact that she’s had no females in her life to really tell her about them. The way she’s reacting to the fact that it was a phantom pregnancy is the kind of way it would be assumed that a man would react. It wasn’t actually there so she should be able to get over it soon. But what Paul doesn’t understand is the fact that in this society, women need to give birth to a child to be worth anything. It’s a sad truth but that’s just how it is.

Aggregator gang
That girl is so spot on on Miss Paul, hope Miss Paul can get development as "woman" here

Dex-chan lover
This is a deep chapter. Pauline is an enigma in her time period. She is the white buffalo. Not only is she a soldier but a high ranking one. Hell she fucking LEADS MEN in a high position. An anomaly

tbf, Pauline never really noticed her social disadvantages as a woman because she had people in power willing to recognize her despite being a woman and she was able to overcome situations with either brain, brawn, or both. The only real unrealistic situation is that Pauline is very very strong, however, it seems that in this world, those inherent genetic characteristics are not based on male vs female as seen with those two other girls who were essentially gorillas in dresses (and I mean that in a very good sense in that their strength can't be compared to humans).

Reading this chapter makes me realize this likely won't be the feminist, uplifting-the-women kind of story I want so badly in my heart of hearts lol. It's realistic for the setting and timeframe, but it makes it feel a little more hollow that the other female characters can only settle for maybe being content instead of truly happy.

Honestly, Pauliana has been incredibly lucky to get where she is. Yeah a lot of it was her skill, but all it would've taken is her to never have become a squad leader in her old country and she would never have caught the prince's eye. Her mind has always been set to "survival" rather than "be somebody in society" so understanding a noblewoman's life is understandably hard for her.

I literally ship Paul with everyone else besides the emperor 😔 but I guess it’s because of Paul’s lack of awareness of her feelings??

This is a really deep chapter with all the interactions Paul had with the chubby doctor and the consort 🥺 thank you so much for your translation ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread