The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 89

Aggregator gang
HOH! is that development i see /s

and Pauliana still being a good knight for his majesty, wholesome

Double-page supporter
when did they have sex? i thought with the whole concubine situation it's like a rotation of each girl with the emperor every couple of days and rotates, I guess maybe the author didn't want to draw any of that but at least show us the concubines visiting the emperor at night or sleeping together or smt otherwise, this just looked like
a), she's faking/pretending to be pregnant
b), she cheated with some other dude like Mr_reach said is trying to pass it off as the emperors kid
c), maybe this is actually her trying to pressure the others by making herself seem to be in the lead as empress or smt

Also i'm like 80% sure that they are even married yet or have just married cause weren't they just competing for the position of concubine like a few chapters ago, I thought they are still "competing" although these 3 will probably all be married or at least part of the concubines' but still, when would they have had sex?

@Mr_Reach nah its prob her faking a kid in general because of her dad being frustrated with her lol where in the world would an emperors concubine find another man when they're literally being used and sent to another country to become empress

im kinda frustrated with the emperor nawt gonn lie like.. u need an empress sir make a choice between confessing or idk working on ur empire?? like hh personally im really find with the relationship mc and ml have- they dont need to be romantic and mc clearly doesn't want romance and their bond is alr so lovely on its own without the lovey-dovey shit
but in the end its up to the author and im genuinely getting ??? at the slow ass development

Group Leader
Guys, he married all three of them in chapter 85... chapter 86 literally opens with "After the wedding..."

It's been a year, too. So, yes, it wouldn't be impossible that the baby is his, not at all.

As much as we would love for the emperor to not be fooling around when he says hes in love....i think hes been hitting the sheets....probably has a few kids during his war days too

I don’t think she’s pregnant but rather lying that she is. Poor girl feels pressure to produce a heir :/

I don’t think it’s possible they’ve done it and even if she is pregnant, it’s probably some unknown man she did it with.

I don’t really care about the emperor love life
I just want my paulina to be happy n free from all the palace drama. Pleaseeeeee

Aggregator gang
@gayleen
He has been sleeping with all of them. He implied in an earlier chapter he would sleep with all three without favoring one and give the empress position to whoever produced the first son. I do wish they went into more detail on how the wedding night worked. Wouldn’t who he consummated first with have implications?

I can see why they'd respect Paulania a lot. In this type of settings, there aren't a lot of women in positions of power that are respected/serve as positive influences. She doesn't have to worry about the same political games they do, or the immense pressures they have to fit the ideal "woman's role" that their peers want them to (not to say Paulania doesn't have her own struggles). She can just be strong and independent. It's sad that these girls have to be under such mental stress to bear an heir.

Love that they're all part of the Unoffical Paulania Fanclub. We stan a muscular badass.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Double warning : "if you want spoilers, click, otherwise dont"

Topic : The woman's child

Spoiler 1
The girl isn't lying. She truly does think she is pregnant and experienced all the common symptoms.

Spoiler 2
Unfortunately, it is a case of pseudocyesis. https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/phantom-pregnancy

As for the not spoiler answers to several questions.

Yes, the King had sex after marriage. Yes, he rotated with several concubines. Each concubine gets two nights a week and for the seventh day, the king "rests". King marriages work differently. He first gets concubines then the one that bears the crown prince becomes Empress so for all intents and purposes, the three concubines are currently at the same rank of "legally wedded concubine-wife"

Dex-chan lover
@Subject003 (facepalms) You're not...

You know, I kind of thought I'd hate the concubines, but the way they act around Paulina has certainly endeared them to me.

I thought the concubines would be nastier, but it seems like they are actually pretty decent. In fact, I kinda pity them for being used as political tools.

I do like the emperor but he sort of gets on my nerves. I understand that everyone is bound by their political duties + still has personal feelings but if he has decided to make the decision as emperor and keep + spend the nights with his concubines (who I do like btw, they're actually v interesting characters!) he should really create some distance with Pauliana. Her loyalty is admirable but I hope that one day she can have more happiness in her life than just serving her master, and she hasn't been given the opportunity to realize how important that is : ( idk, like I want her to have a hobby or more friends or something haha

Dun dun dun... Wait does king actually visit concubines? It is kinda not very clear...

Users who are viewing this thread