Maken no Daydreamer - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
honestly wasn't expecting her to be pretending since Japanese like recycling cliches so much. I fully expected her to just be an idiot. good job.

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh. Okay, they fooled me, too. Still. Those guys are a whole lot weaker then her and she still kills them on the spot. Then again, in a real life situation (without magic and levels and stuff) a lucky hit could kill you, so you would fight to kill your opposition. What's fair is fair.

Dex-chan lover
Minato: Hurry Sherry ride my back
Sherry: Umm Minato I suppose to ride the front... that's how that works.

Dex-chan lover
1. Thou shalt not take the crisis/climax out of the protagonist's hands. The anti-deus ex machina commandment.
-Robert McKee's 1. Commandement of Screenplays.
2. Thou shalt not make life easy for the protagonist. Nothing progresses in a story except through conflict.
-Robert McKee's 2. Commandement of Screenplays.

Double-page supporter
"Men... should be a little greedy. you know..." - Dark Erofu with a Battle Fetish

I agree completely, but good luck getting that across to this pussywhipped herbivore of an MC.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous Greedy is not the word you want unless you have a warped view of the world. Google its meaning and you will see that greed is bad even though desire is good. Its the opposite of most MC's these days and thats not good either. We should get balance, not a different kind of shitty person.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix

Weaker or not killing them is just normal. What reason would you spare them for anyway? Moral ones? Even with superpowers you just end up in a debate over sparing them only to have them cause more trouble later.

@Merilirem you spare them so that they can answer for their crimes, death is too easy of a way out.

@gaigous how can he be both pussywhipped and an herbivore? Though the first was a somewhat correct way to describe his commitment to Elk.

Dex-chan lover
@Gotim18 That and he mentioned wanting to make them confess, maybe to avoid looking like they just slaughtered a bunch of innocent people.

@theShear that is true plus to get the whole story, like how without the daughter part it would look like the chief was just helping them and he would be guilty too.

Double-page supporter
@Merilirem Context and nuance my dude, she said men should be a little greedy. I read to be entertained, so relatable and/or sympathetic characters are optional.

@Gotim18 Sorry about that, I was going off of these two definitions:

Herbivore: A person who takes the slow way in romantic matters. Refers to people who don't/won't take the initiative first, preferring to wait for the romantic interest to make the first move.

PussyWhipped: All men who wish to have any form of relationship (or just get laid) must be pussywhipped to a certain degree. The minor offenders are never called pussywhipped, only the men who allow their woman to walk all over them and totally control every aspect of their life.

@gaigous I usually thought herbivores wouldn’t be getting laid at all, but with those definitions he would be an herbivore but not pussywhipped enough to count.

Dex-chan lover
42c.png

Double-page supporter
@Gotim18 I look at it like this, Herbivore = Reactive, they don't pursue women of their own accord. If Elk wanted him to give up his dreams, he would put his foot down, so in that sense, he's not pussywhipped, and I was definitely being overly harsh with my criticism when I said that, thanks for helping me realize that.

Fed-Kun's army
Notes, For those who dont know. MC is sleeping with Elk. or at least the original version is. after they`re first time, elk got mad at him. because he lost control. second he has a fetish for scorn/disgust faces. like they are looking at a piece of trash.

his baby birb was courtesy enough to give them space, and went night hunting while they were at it.

Dex-chan lover
Gotim18 Ah yes another punishment junkie. Seriously though punishing people is a waste of time and only serves to satisfy your own base desires and instincts. If they are a problem fix the problem, death works for this kind of thing. If you want to rehabilitate them punishment doesn't actually work.

Users who are viewing this thread