Kirameki no Lion Boy

Fantasies Scans, I appreciate your work on the series, but I have a request: Please make the watermark gray/less opaque, or at least place it in the background/extra white space. It's very distracting because it pops out of the manga which is mostly gray and white.

Will there be more updates soon? I like like this manga and I can only read English!

i've read till chapter 6 . i can't help but hate the main girl's personality. like get a grip girl learn to speak up for yourself. also the other guy, the bully from the past is the definition of how not to take a NO from a girl. dude pisses me off, like if you like her then don't threaten her you dumbass!

I have been reading this for around 3 months and I can say, Nico is definitely best girl. Pretty art but the vibe I get from the characters is double dates every day of the week. Was average, hoping to see more of it though.

Aggregator gang
"if you block me, you're dead meat."

Later: *spams her*
https://mangadex.org/chapter/848730/5

BLOCK him!!!

I’m in love with the characters. Nakajou kun is handling stuff like a pro. Chose the right girl, trusts her, treasures her and also makes her confident.

FL and ML have absolutely 0 personality, second couple Nico and Sano are much more interesting
little kid touching boobs left and right and everyone lets him?????? no one says a thing??????????

As an adult reading this its kind of hard to digest. I sometimes turn to fluff like this to just take my mind off adulting but if anything the bad writing of the main characters opened up a box of analysis. Huge Body of Text Below:
Nakajou and Miwa have no personality at all like someone else mentioned.
Nakajou fell for her because she literally "fell into his arms". Miwa? she's just a girl who likes manga alot with a "trauma". She as a person is defined by the events that happen(ed) to her, she has no personality. She also seems to be severely lacking in social skills. She has no relationships outside of Nico who personafies her. In fact Nico has more personality than she does.

By chapter 5 I can tell you alot more about who Nico is as a character than Miwa.
Nico is spontaneous. Loyal and abit cynical; being concerned about the true motives of others. Protective. Attentive. A part of the soccer club. Easily has conversations with others and can adapt/blend into groups. Abit stubborn. Has the ability to reflect on her actions and attempt to change. Likes fashion as noted by her need to "dress up" her school uniform.
Let's review who Miwa is: Likes "Sei-sama". Became "closed off" due to Inokura's bullying. Has seemingly barely ever been "outside" (river cleaning event). Runs away from people/problems. Talks more when shes talking to "Sei-sama" than any other character. Not aware of her surroundings. Has difficulty talking to people.

Did Nakajou fall in love with a sheet of paper? Because it's blank, thin, with no information or substance.
Its painfully obvious that the male lead is speaking to the reader rather than Miwa as a person. Because alot of his encouragement and advice is perfect for preteens in this age bracket.
"Love yourself more" "Stand up for yourself" "Be aware of the world around you" "Its normal to feel that way" " You have a right to feel the way you do." Its all very basic advice told in a very straight forward manner.
Nakajou and Miwa are speaking to the issues that the reader may be facing rather than being characters in a story. The only "characters" in this story are Inokura, Nico, Sano and co.
When Miwa describes her feelings to others she way its described is so vague that anyone can "relate" or insert themselves into that "feeling".

I definately wouldnt recommend this for a young person to read. If you're looking for blind fluff, that's more what this is like. But if you're looking for something to help you grow as a person? This manga is a shallow attempt at teaching life lessons to young girls. As a witer Maki Youko is actually very good. She wrote "Aishiteruze Baby" after all. I cant figure out why this work is lacking so much compared to that. This was her final work before retiring so that makes it all the more sad.

Users who are viewing this thread