Discord-like Custom User Notes :implemented:

Discord-like Custom User Notes :implemented:

• +1

Votes: 4 36.4%

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
For those that aren't aware, Discord has a feature where you can add a custom note to users you encounter in the wild. These custom notes can only be seen by yourself, and their main purpose is to help users remember things about others.

Example:
pKdF3OD.png

I noted a very memorable quote by the user in question, and now that's how I remember that user wherever and whenever I encounter them.

While there's a "Follows" -> "User-written custom notes" feature in the planned feature thread, that's presumably only for followed manga. Adding the same feature for user profiles would pretty much shoot us up to v5 in an instant in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
It's not pointless. Concise notes can help recall a lot of things about pretty much anything.

Someone could even change their profile picture and/or username, and the only way you'd know is by looking through their past comments and remembering for yourself that they had a different pic/name at the time.

You can get pretty creative with it too. For instance, someone could rank the users they come across by helpfulness/contribution to threads and whatnot.

I vaguely remember this has been implemented for supporters? 🙄

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday
Thanks. Maybe the Support page could be updated to show exactly what the supporter features are. This:
Supporters will be getting access to extra settings as an incentive (coming soon).
makes it seem like there aren't any extra settings currently implemented.

Dex-chan lover
@Lymus
not big booba
not even booba
so no sus
but still sed :'(

@sterven
Profile views are like money. You can never get enough of them, but to people who are truly passionate about their jobs (in this case, my job is shitposting), money comes second.

Users who are viewing this thread