Mangadex's chapter links of Mangaplus manga should open the chapter directly

Basically when you click on the chapter it should open it directly in MangaPlus. I find the extra step of clicking a link within the chapter unnecessary

Okay, but how can you create new comment threads for the chapters?

Contributor
just bookmark their site (?)
7296b6318d5a2a870c2731f545e918281cf62e48_hq.gif

@MavB_Ver comments will still be there. Just when you click the chapter it will take you to Mangaplus directly

@YumGumYum I use Mangadex to keep track of my read chapters so it would be better to go from here

@Mustang_00 i'm guessing most on this site expect to go to a chapter hosted on this site when they click on a chapter link. Tossing someone to another site for many, including me, would be considered bad form. I figure they do it that way since some people don't want to go to other sites. They do something similar for the delayed releases where you can read it on the groups site or wait x hrs/days.

edit: left off a word

Dex-chan lover
THIS!!!
OMG please do it! Mangaplus is a mess and anything that would make me spend less time on that junky website searching for manga and scrolling through chapters and shit is welcomed.

Dex-chan lover
@Arcversion
This suggested feature will do nothing to keep you on the Mangaplus website less. What it would do is keep you on this website less, and make it impossible to start new comment threads for chapters or track your reading progress.

Also quite a few people would probably be miffed at suddenly being thrust into a different website without warning when clicking on a MangaDex chapter link, especially with how many people are flipping their shit at these links being here in the first place.

@YumGumYum
I don't really know if there's a way of doing that that is not A) considered "incredibly suspicious" by popup blockers and B) a huge pain for mobile users

If the system were to significantly change to allow for external chapters to have new comment threads created from the chapter listing and mark as read just by clicking the link, as well as having the links themselves decorated to mark them as external (maybe with a popup dialog warning with an option to have it never ask you again), maybe this could work. That would require major changes and restructuring both inside and outside the reader, though.

Users who are viewing this thread