New spins on character archetypes you want to see in manga

Dex-chan lover
In this thread, suggest archetypes for characters seen in mangas that have a new twist that keeps them fresh

I'll start

The perverted lesbian:
Instead of ending up with a girl, she ends up with the stereotypical perverted male character because of their similar taste in culture,tm and the series focuses on their hijinks in trying to convince people into getting into a threesome with them. Ideally, they'd have a lot of banter with one another about how they're both in an awkward relationship, but as the series progresses, its clear they really love each other as they build their harem. (Or at least try)

Dex-chan lover
The standard beta MC that somehow becomes a harem protagonist, but it turns out that
all the girls in his harem are actually paid actresses, and he's unknowingly participating in a reality TV show that his parents signed him up for.

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz
I remember reading a theory that Jimmy Neutron was basically the Truman Show, but it was a government operation to give Jimmy a regular life with creative freedom to make inventions, and that all Jimbo's creations that 'disappeared' (due to the show's episodic nature) were actually just taken by the government to study/replicate.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman

Basically. She'd be probably more smooth than he is and more sophisticated, but she lacks his determination or scheming potential. Hence their relationship is very reciprocal, and they do need each other to get their goals accomplished. Ironically, that indicates they might be a healthy couple, all things considered.

Contributor
Dex-chan lover
Another one I'd like to see messed with is a chaotic good yandere.

The yandere doesn't attack just random women MC is too close to, rather, she specifically targets women who are known as manipulators, gold diggers, black widows, etc. that MC hasn't encountered yet, but she won't handle the risk of him finding out. She just wants him to be happy so she only takes out the toxic people in his life or reforms them through coercion.

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz
The top comment was literally my thoughts. The alien invasion in the movie seems far-fetched, but I guess it's plausible. Or it's just non-canon.

@Tamerlane
Will there be a sequel/spinoff where God isekai's the guy and smites the girl for having the big gae?

Dex-chan lover
@bigtiddyoneesan

No because I think the crux of the story would involve their relationship, plus the slow realization that she's bi but only because she comes to love MC.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
Hey man, don't underestimate what publishers and editors will green-light for profit. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the situation MC is faced with when he's given a unique skill by God but is reluctant to use said skill due to his resentment towards God for smiting his qt bi gf.

Dex-chan lover
@bigtiddyoneesan

Honestly, the dime-a-dozen trash escapist fantasy Isekai is still better than some of the comics I've seen.

Marvel has gone downhill, and I speak as a Deadpool fan who liked his Marvel Now run the best

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Usagi Drop's timeskip arc wasn't as bad as I thought, I would actually read it again.

A strong delinquent from the 70s that liked Disco gets time travelled to the present time and starts retaking schools he used to rule

Contributor
@Bobby_Dipshit @Tamerlane
A strong delinquent from the 70s that liked Disco gets time travelled to the present time and starts retaking schools he used to rule
We don't have that, but how about a time-travelling tough-guy-exterior delinquent from the 80's (born in 1972), thrown into the 21st century by his friend and living with said friend's adult daughter, resulting in expected romcom hijinks, right here?

Users who are viewing this thread