Chapter Removal Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
Hey there, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I'm starting the EN translation of Tokiwa Kitareri!! back up, and have some chapters ready to begin uploading from ch. 34 next week. However, Anima Mundi Scans skipped 80 chapters to do a rough translation of the last two chapters of the series, with a note in the credits page that if anyone else picked up the series, they would remove said chapters. After reaching out to the translator, they informed me that the original chapters were uploaded to batoto, and since it was uploaded to Mangadex by another user, they can't remove the chapters in question.

xXwveMg.png

I've already tried reaching out to said Mangadex uploader earlier this week, with no response. In this case, is the given consent by the original translation team enough to validate a request to remove the last two chapters? I've looked into rules for reporting chapters, and I'm not sure that applies to this situation. Thanks!

Just work on the chapters until you reach that point, and do a new release of the chapter in question. multiple groups can do the same series...

Group Leader
The translator themselves intended to remove the chapter should the series become active again, but they can't because someone else uploaded it to this site. It's not exactly like there's a conflict of interest here, both groups are of the same thought process.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@SecretMoblin The group made the credit page before MangaDex was a thing, so even if the intention was to follow what the group wanted, it wouldn't apply to our site. Not that we care about those kinds of messages anyways, because there's already tons of uploads from groups that've been dead for years who would keep their stuff permanently off the internet if they could have it their way.

If he wants to have the chapters removed because you've picked it up, he can come here, claim his group, then remove the chapters himself. The fact it was uploaded by another user doesn't really make a difference, the only thing that matters is control of the group. There's no reason to have it removed other than finding it personally annoying, since any number of groups can be working on a single series at a time and there are plenty of readers who don't care and wouldn't be bothered to peek at the ending to figure out if it's worth reading or not

Group Leader
Thanks for the clarification, it's much appreciated. I got the same feedback yesterday when I asked on Discord, and the translator has already begun taking the steps to claim their translation group.

Feel free to treat this thread as solved and lock it, if that's the proper procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread