Retired Heroes - Ch. 16 - Annihilation

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to make a joke about the abhorrent monstrosity in the sky being Saliy's vagina, but I'm above that.

You're welcome.

Fed-Kun's army
I am confused. Why did she do that without knocking him out after he gathered the animals? They're professionals who've already saved the world, I wouldn't think they would just fuck up something like this. I hope there's something more to this than just the author forcing the villain's escape to introduce another even villain-ier villain...

"I'm here to keep you from escaping!" *escapes*

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion all I can say is that was a well done comment.

giphy.gif

@TheStuffedUnicorn

She had to have been at least partially aware of the repercussions of using the "abyss magic". Some kind of communication would have been warranted like "hey, I'm probably going to pass out. Focus on that guy". To be fair though, I don't think they could have predicted the guy Solid Snake-ing away.

Aggregator gang
So are Shok and Saliy's lives connected? He was the only demon to be affected by the abyss magic (or is he just high enough lvl to sense it?)

I believe the point of using the Abyss Magic was one of two things.

1. The guy is marked and this was done to scare him to run to the duke right away, so they could go and take that guy out.

2. They just wanted to scare the guy & subsequently the duke into not pursuing this venture any further.

2 could be interconnected with 1, really.

And ofc there are more options, but those are my theories. She didn't warn her ally, probably to scare the guy even more honestly.

Aggregator gang
Hm, so this is one of those, run out of MP use HP magic systems then right? That was probably all of her remaining MP and a good chunk of her HP which caused her to faint. Does anyone have a Elixir or something?

Dex-chan lover
@TheOneWhoSighs or she has used it multiple times before and the damage she takes using it gets progressively worse. They've alluded to the sacrificial aspect of her magic in the past. She might have not expected to pass out from it though.

Dex-chan lover
Tanks for the foo~D !

For the others, it's bee, stated multiple time that she's a bit of suicide attacker, she doesn't care much about her own well-being so I personally think that skill must have just been the best way for her to get rid of this bunch of enemies without letting them a chance to escape (and she didn't aim at the tamer cause she might have wanted to interrogate him or track him to find it's master)

Dex-chan lover
That was totally a bad move from Saliy, but I guess that's how angry she is after that whole nearly-dying Tiffa.

Dex-chan lover
she just fucking summoned a whole abyss abomination to clear the monsters, i think her blood magic uses her life force instead of MP, thats why her husband was comforting her when tiffa did magic, like who wouldnt panic at the idea of her child spending her life force

Group Leader
Welp, that was seriously unnescessary.
It'd be like using the tsar bomba to crush a bunch of ISIS soldier in our real world.

@BaGamman It's like trying to cross a cave without any Repels, spotting the exit, and just before it, encountering the 834927th Zubat. Of course you can just run away like others, but you'll more likely use something like HyperBeam.
Here, demonic beasts could have killed her daughter, so I don't think a simple sword swing will calm mama

Users who are viewing this thread