Against the Gods

thank god the horrible font wasnt used anymore than for the first chapter.. it was bad enough to drop this for considering that it doesnt stand out in the slightest as it is

wtf is up with chinese mangas lol "against the god" "break the heavens" so damn corny ?

yea... just gonna say this now,it starts kinda slow,by my calculations its gonna take at least 15 chapters till it gets to the good stuff...then the mc "spread his wings" and belive me its worth it

I'm going to give a small spoiler to those of you who do not read the novel. Also know that the novel is very very far ahead and is translated in english.

This novel is ********* AWESOME it is one of the most popular wuxias going on right now. This is NOT generic weak to strong etc. It is very very goood. The start may look slow but then it builds up into an explosion of pure epicness.

ivv

Dex-chan lover
I'm just here because I'm still looking for little fairy-san.

@kanaloa
You get names like 'Against the Gods' and 'Break through the Heavens' mostly because one of the main themes for Cultivation stories is that the characters are quite literally bucking fate and the natural order of the world by honing their spiritual power to the point that it goes from 'normal humanity' to 'something that can impose desires on the world through sheer willpower and strength of spirit alone', from my understanding of things. I mean, humans naturally can't fly on a sword, throw energy blasts, summon fire from nothing, merge with demonic beasts, etc.

It's one reason a lot of them have references to Tribulations, where when someone hits a certain amount of power the world itself tries to kill them, forcing them into a point where they either succeed and become more powerful or fail and die. Occasionally, they fail but don't die, but it usually costs them a massive amount of power.

Also, 'Live a Normal Life Like A Peasant' doesn't usually have quite the same appeal as 'Imma learn how to punch people with my soul'.

(Usually. There are exceptions. Like Peerless Dad, where he'd be perfectly happy to have a boring life providing for his family but keeps getting pulled into weird stuff.)

Also believe they tend to be references to bits of Chinese Mythology or operas, as well, so that can be another reason why they have such dramatic titles.

Huh, neat. The new wife actually figures out what's up with him. and it's not that he was born with a bad meridians, it's apparently that someone crippled them when he was younger. She also figures out that he's not what he acts like, ie, that he's reincarnated. Neat!

I love that this has a comic for it now. I feel weird reading it since after a thousand chapters I've made a mental image of the mc, and the comic one looks different. I will still read and recommend this though.

@TikiTau I know what you're saying-its fiction. It's not the manhua that I'm picking on it's the title naming sense. I don't think you know what "corny" is. The first title that you made up sounds casual and we can relate to it. There's nothing wrong with this other than being a bit boring. I don't actually read those types, I personally classify them as "walk in the park isekai". Then...punch people with my soul? That's..cringe man. Would you talk like that face to face with people? The majority of us don't talk like that because it's damn corny.

"i will give it my all today at work! i will use my vital energy that would reach the heavens!!!!!!!" you'll get a good laugh from people or a weird look if you say something like this. ?

@wafflekid yea i know what u mean,i was reading a chapter today i couldnt picture the way the character is on the comic to my imagination on it,well iam looking foward to scum che

@kanaloa
Oh, they're corny and overdramatic as hell, these stories. Part of the appeal.

That's why their titles tend to be pretty overblown as well.

Tis what I was trying to say.

Not suggesting that's how normal people would talk in day-to-day life.

Or how I would. Not sure where that came from, honestly.

@TikiTau The whole point of my comment was to make a point that it's corny. You agree, "they're corny and overdramatic as hell". To be honest you shouldn't even respond because you're basically agreeing with me but you feel the need to justify the naming sense. Also..the onus is not on me to explain what you don't understand. If something is there it's there for a reason. It's quite relevant and if you don't understand it might be your comprehension. That is actually the case for you since I never in anyway implied what you implied. Anyways..enjoy the manhua.

Smooth Che looks fucking weak! The hell is this? Is this the Evil God's inheritor? Impossible.

Aside from that, check out the novel, it has a lot of badass moments. It was rated pretty high and people enjoyed it but there's a lot of elitists who can't check their pants and influence others decision to automatically think that the novel is bad. Still enjoyable.

Double-page supporter
Wow so ecchi... Put the tag correctly please!

.... Wtf? Typo in the first chapter; the MC is suppose to be the Xiao Sect's Fifth Elder's only grandson, but a couple of pages later, we see his supposedly only daughter, but she's 15 while he's 16. Not sure if it's suppose to be only living daughter, one of the two fifths is suppose to be something else, or she's suppose to be a granddaughter.

Double-page supporter
She's the daughter of the fifth elder. Yun Che is the grandson of the fifth elder that's why he called him aunty.

Double-page supporter
Tbh the novel is a lot more interesting and has more depth to it than this meh manhua.

@lilo -- I know what was said. My problem is that the text says she's his only daughter, not that she's a daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread