Yankee-kun to Megane-chan

Wait... so she's is now 22 years old with a bunch of 15 year olds in high school?

... that's weird.

I used to consider this one of the best comedy manga I'd ever read. Until that shitty ending that is. The epilogue kind of fixed it, but it came too late. The damage was done. The manga and its characters are still very near and dear to my heart, but I'll always curse the fact that the mangaka messed up there. If you're considering checking this out, you definitely should. The ending might be a piece of shit, but everything else is top notch.

Dex-chan lover
The romance isn't so good but still, it want to mix some more harem. What more ? it so weak the other girls not even try. in the end seem like the author him/her self not even remember the harem is a thing in this.
at that time MC pretty much a Two-Timer. don't actually try to reject one of the date. But it's worse when author let he find out two girl he dealing with is actually same girl instead of show is he more than just in love with a hot girl he saw onetime or just that. I drop at this point and the other comment below said the ending even worse.

Romance: 1. If there is a lower score, just let me now
Comedy: 6,
Story: 5. cliche as hell. but have some friendship moment.
Annoying: 8

Great manga, but the ending is absolutely terrible. A complete copout to all the emotional growth and story these fun characters had, with not even a halfhearted resolution to the MCs' dynamic. I'd never really understood some of the hate on the mangaka until I finished this series. I don't think I've ever read anything else that has had me as incensed as this manga's conclusion.

Double-page supporter
THERE'S AN EPILOGUE FOR THIS?? WHAT. I'm so glad I checked this for no reason at all.

@cashew @Tcof Hello~ Should probably put the comment under spoilers tag, since people come to this section for general reviews. (the rating stuff looks fine though).

And now for the rest of my comment ? The ending was quite terrible, like everyone else said. I really enjoyed this manga until it started to drag in the end. They introduced many characters for whatever reason too, when I just wanted to focus on the main 5.

What's up with the artstyle for the epilogue? It looks so much more shoujo. xD Isn't it weird that they started to live together without even telling the others? Something is definitely fishy. ? If it weren't for this epilogue I would've still thought he hallucinated the whole thing. So at least we know they are low-key married I guess. Tbh I never expected the romance to have a proper conclusion anyway, since this is the type of manga that does that. So this is okay for me.

Out of all the disappointments, this stood out to me the most: WHO THE HECK IS ADACHI? After all that build up we never get told. Nothing. The entire series I wanted to learn about her backstory only to find out the author probably didn't even know herself.

Contributor
Ive never seen a manga end where every nook and loose end is tied up in a little bow of nice resolution; BESIDES FOR THE FUCKING MAIN PLOT. LITERALLY EVERY SIDE PLOT IS FINE AND DANDY BUT WHAT THE FUCK GIVE ME 200 CHAPTERS OF TIME BACK I WOULDVE BEEN MORE FINE WITH A "THEY KISS AND THEN CUT TO BLACK" ENDING OVER THIS BULLSHIT END WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TL;DR NO SPOILS BUT THE ENDING SUCKS ASS

otherwise this was a nice comedy manga with surprisingly competent character building and development that never dragged on too long imo. like the othet guy said, you will prob love all of the chars by the end of this. some of them have edgy/bad personality's but they have actual reasons behind this and development towards being better people without becoming completely diffrent people; something a lot of mangas lack. Good read but suffers from an infuriating ending. would be a 8-9 out of 10 for the genre if it wasnt for the shit ending, which lands it a 7.

Group Leader
@VoidR actually the main plot is resolved in two epilogue chapter that have been released after the manga ended

Contributor
@sirwolfeye

wow, i dont remember writing that. guess i was frustrated after 200 chapters lol. thanks for the heads up, will give them a peek later

Dex-chan lover
Wait what? Can someone explain the ending? What the fuck is Adachi doing there?

EDIT: THERES A CHAPTER 212! much better conclusion than ending with 211.

Great start, Great Journey, lackluster ending 🤔. That's what i got from this manga. So It's 7.5 for me.

Attempting my Fifth reread- wait ,nah.. pretty much memorized it at this point so I’m gonna pass.

Theres an epilogue for this one BUT GADDAMIT I WAS SHIPPING FOR THEM BOTH SINCE CHAPTER 1 AND WAITED YEARS FOR IT TO BE COMPLETELY SCANLATED ONLY TO BE GIVEN A 3 TO 4 PANEL OF THEM LIVING TOGETHER??? (And living together in a bunk buddy sort of way to boot. Beeeeeccchhhhhh.)

I enjoyed it and even when it started just being bottle episodes near the end I powered through because I wanted to see the end. I might as well have not, there is no satisfaction in finishing this story. The epilogue that you can find on other websites is barely anything either and it came out years after. The ending is about as satisfying as some manga I've read where the author died before they could finish it. The end is truly nothing, I really liked it but I can't recommend anyone reads this ever because the ending is so unsatisfying I feel like i just truly wasted however many hours I spent reading this. The story ends with a time skip and ties up every side character's life, but the main 2 characters have no resolution whatsoever (the epilogue leaves it a bit vague but its a lot better than what we were originally given..)

This started up really good, but holy shit this ending sucks balls. It all went downhill since
Adachi left the story tbh.
By the way, don't miss the epilogue. It's chapter 212 on mangakakalot.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I remember this manga and how much I absolutely hated the ending. The epilogue was a little better, but at that point the damage was already done + I'd been over the series for a year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread