Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

i like the story, its not even like I dislike the grandmother, it's like akira is very close to accepting herself, and her mother figure has misunderstood that she still wants to be a boy. I assume there'll be a fight at some point when she accepts herself

Group Leader
@Pterafractyl (cool name btw) that was my intention somewhat and I played into it, like the placeholder is also our icon for our discord, but the rest of the team does not share my humour. :)
Another thing I had planned early on was to rotate the mascot spot with a lot of images meaning the same thing, like I had a 404 error message, a Netscape 4 "image not found" ripped image icon, and other ideas. But, a lot of "fun" things like this have gotten dropped because we ask ourselves "why don't we work on our next release instead".
Which is on reason why we still don't have a mascot.

I find it interesting that this manga is managing to lean a little into trans themes even with the involuntary change aspect. Most stories of this ilk go against everything we know about gender so it's a nice change of pace. Can't wait to see where this goes.

This is fucking me up man. It’s like every time the MC gets a little bit of happiness it just gets wrestled away. What’s worse is the Mom and Grandma probably got good intentions about it. I wonder when MC will speak up.

I feel so bad for this poor child. What happens if her mother refuses to embrace her new identity, like she has? There are some heavy trans themes here

the school is much more present and inevitable feeling in this version than the other, with people just filling in paperwork for Akira without ever once actually asking her. ominous

Dex-chan lover
I wish those old-timers would get a fucking clue already. The poor kid's self-esteem is already in the gutters, no need to stomp it into the mud.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair on the mother and grandmother, they don't really get yet that Akira is not minding the change. Bear in mind that initially the kid was very boyish and associated that way, and when their gender changed they were distraught about it. So they currently see the way they are and act as them hiding themselves, trying to fit in and do stuff they aren't uncomfortable with. The grandmother here didn't want Akira coming because she was worried that she wouldn't like how she is being treated, and Akira has yet to have the confident to admit that they are happy as they are right now.

Also, you mean the mascot wasn't temporary mascot? What? I feel cheated! Lied to!

Users who are viewing this thread