Group Leader
I couldn't help but laugh when Ookuma said, "Were they dates?" Poor little Nagatsuki, completely wrapped up in her own little delusional fantasy world. Of course this is a pretty good indication that Ookuma is using her as a stepping-stone towards his ultimate goal: Maruto.

Fed-Kun's army
well, the good news is that at least chiyo wasnt there spying on them and making all sorts of misunderstandings for shun.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly Either that or he was too much of a nice (and slightly dense) guy to properly reject her and simply decided to fulfill her wishes. I am no ally of the guy, but at least let's give him the benefit of the doubt, he has yet to do anything that would make us be wary of him.

Finally natsuki date is over I was getting bored of her creepy obsession with ookuma personally

Group Leader
@VladDracul2 I can't help but disagree with you. Setting aside how he treated Chiyo in Middle School, Ookuma has had plenty of opportunity to tell Igarashi that he knew and was romantically interested in Chiyo during Middle School, but has consistently chosen to deceive him instead. In chapter 54, Ookuma when he and Chiyo "met for the first time," he could have told Igarashi, "Oh, we knew each other in Middle School." In chapter 59, when he asked Igarashi if Chiyo had said anything to him, he could have told Igarashi why he was asking. In chapter 71, when Ookuma finally got to be alone with Chiyo for the first time, but was interrupted by Igarashi, he could have explained to Igarashi, "I wasn't confessing, I was apologizing for being a jerk off in Middle School" (even though it was obvious he was about to confess). Ookuma has shown no signs of feeling guilty about keeping secret his prior "relationship" with Chiyo from his so-called friend Igarashi. Well, neither has Chiyo, but that's another story.

@Cyansoul Oh, yeah, let's hope that's the last of it! These last three chapters have been my least favorites so far. I guess this is what happens when a 2D fangirl confuses reality with fiction.

Group Leader
Sigh I wish Nagatsuki would just move on already, reading about her pining after Ookuma because of pure infatuation is honestly so frustrating. I hope she's finally realized her chances after Ookuma admitted that he didn't see any of their get-togethers as 'dates'.

I want to give Ookuma the benefit of the doubt but he's super sketchy. Like FredFriendly said, he has had many chances to clear the air between them but instead he isn't. There's nothing wrong with at least admitting that they knew each other in middle school. I can't decipher what his motives are but I think the purpose of his character is to address and resolve what happened with Chiyo in the past.

Group Leader
@seynee A very long time ago when charlemagne was still translating this, we came to the tentative conclusion that the purpose of Ookuma's character was to be an obstacle (or roadblock) set in the path of Igarashi and Chiyo's happiness. However, I don't believe that his motives are solely to apologize to Chiyo, rather, if he could, he would like to steal her away from Igarashi. Not that I believe that he's in love with her, since he's shown no such signs, but more like a conquest. He regrets being a coward in the past and is jealous that someone else is beside her instead of him. Unfortunately for him, the opportunities to be alone with Chiyo to further his aims have been non-existent except for that one time at the festival. Thus, being friends with her best friend he can ease his way into Chiyo's circle of friends and give him more access to her.

Group Leader
@FredFriendly honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that is what's happening. He doesn't appear to be remorseful of what happened, he seems to state the truth, but not the whole truth. His actions don't seem truthful, or rather, his intentions don't appear transparent. I can't really describe but it but I definitely agree that his purpose doesn't seem to be to apologize to Chiyo (because he had many opportunities to do so). If this is really what the author is trying to do, then I have to give her kudos because it's not very obvious at all and it's easy to interpret it the way Nagatsuki is.

Group Leader
@seynee I think Coco either is a genius and had developed a very long range (and fairly complicated) plot from the get-go, or she's just making it up as she goes along. The series has been going on for three and a half years yet, in-universe, it's been barely over a year. It's up to 165 chapters, and doesn't look like it'll be ending any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread