Retired Heroes - Ch. 9 - The Secret of the Two

Cool. I legit didn't even bother to see why it was being taken over by a group pushing sub-par quality, but the original story is good enough to just deal and read on anyway. Glad it's you guys are keeping the bar high.

Maybe the fallout of Trash Scans is bolstering other groups. Thing is with Trash it was actually possible to see that they weren't the best translations, a bunch of half-assed choices were made that us plebs wouldn't know unless another group came in and pointed it out. That is of course while not considering $ in any form.

This case it more of the opposite, where some group just didn't like waiting and pushed updates that didn't get too far above the bar, "Eh, I'm already into it, I'll keep reading."-bar.

Dex-chan lover
Its always better to have a higher quality version over a lower quality one. If two groups are doing the same thing for instance it would only be a real problem if they were of similar quality.

I would gladly see a group redo a finished work to make it more professional. We have likely all read series which only have a rough draft level of quality. These will last for years to come after all so they should be as good as possible.

Fast translations with lower quality or when no ones doing it are good but in the end you want quality.

@Wordref its nice to occasionally see raw's handed properly also like the TS to. So 10/10 for you work keep it up.

@Garo64 You wonderful person, you! Retired Heroes can sometimes be horrifying (lol) but Mage and I do our best. We're glad you enjoy reading as much as we do!!

Thanks. I can definitely see how this is a better translation than the faster one. The other was serviceable, but can't really compare to this. Please keep it up.

Thanks for keeping it up. Hope more people realize waiting for quality isn’t gonna kill them haha

Okay, so I wouldn’t say that the speedy scanlators are high quality, what with them changing some of the words and idioms and what not, but they release their chapters rather quickly. And there’s clearly more chapters out, and while proofreading and cleaning as well as any redrawing can take a ton of time, but I’m not sure that it should take a month. That seems a bit long honestly. I mean, sure, other fantasy mangas are released once a month, but there are clearly more chapters out there of this series.
Anyway, in summary, thanks for the higher quality translations! But how come your group has it set to be released once a month?
PS. I am actually just curious about the reason, and I’m not trying to be Uber critical nor am I trying to troll anyone here. I’m just genuinely curious.

Group Leader
@wordref
Can you explain the reason why groups that keep getting sniped are always the groups that spam chapter releases with their Ads?

5 pages of non-chapter content. Why?

Dex-chan lover
I don't know or care about drama, but I know shitty translations, and that other release wasn't terrible.

It was sub-par in some aspects, but if you genuinely thought it was awful, you must be really new to scanlations.

@Danthefan @Wordref

Take a look at Nekyou's group manga and the mangas they release on MD. Seems like Retired Heroes isn't a high priority for the group when you look at the release submission at the bottom where they release multiple chapters of a manga in a single month compared to one chapter of Retried Heroes during the same month.

Something else I just noticed is that Retired Heroes is the only manga they release which has over 10K viewers on MD, so why isn't this manga series their top priority for translating? Either Nekyou is intentionally delaying the release of the manga which the snipers are claiming(removed since I misread what the snipers said earlier) or they're blind to the popularity of this manga series.

I would definitely like some clarification from the Nekyou's group.

Fellas,
I did not claim Nekyou intentionally delayed their release, that's blatantly false and they already explained their circumstances in an earlier post. Please don't slam them for that.
I expected their Chapter 9 to drop on the 21st and when that didn't happen I made a gross exaggeration without knowing what was going on behind the scenes.

Dex-chan lover
@Coriasis I find it weird people are complaining about you at all, scanlation is usually done by well-meaning people in their free time so I really don't understand why all this drama or attempt at drama is being started over someone picking up a project that was effectively on hold for a considerable amount of time
P.S. Thank you for that hard work

@shii Actually we release Retired Heroes more often than any other series. What is happening is that we don't upload to mangadex regularly. We have a mangadex mod that helps us with the uploads and they are not always available to upload when we release. We upload to our own personal website. If someone wants to complain about the work we do FOR FREE then they can feel free to do it themselves as the group that sniped us did. We'll still do things our way consistently putting out quality chapters of things we enjoy. When we stop enjoying what we do is when we stop scanlating. We aren't paid and we aren't here at your beck and call to put out chapters of projects you demand. It's easy for people to criticize but some of us have real lives. I have a job working in a hospital as well as being a mom to three kids (including a special needs child.) My real life takes priority over your or anyone's demand for me and my staff to pump out chapters like a machine. If you don't like our releases then don't read them simple as that. We do this because we love it and we love our projects. Many groups have dropped projects or even quit scanlating completely because they got tired of entitled fans demanding releases without offering to help or realize how much time and effort goes into a quality chapter. When you pay my bills you can make demands on my time.

@Blue82

I don't care what timeframe you release this manga(hell didn't know bout the drama till today) at since as long as the translation isn't complete unreadable I will read it and enjoy it from whoever translate it whether it be you or the snipers.

I was just making assumptions about why your group has such a slow release time on MD after looking at the submissions you guys do and how many views Retired Heroes rack up.

If the cause of your group slow release on MD is cause of an MD Mod not always being available when you upload then add a new MD mod who will help upload your chapters so your group doesn't get sniped.

EDIT:

Actually we release Retired Heroes more often than any other series

Just checked Nekyou's website to see what chapter Retired Heroes is up to on their compared to MD. It's Ch. 9 on your own website, so what do you mean that your group release Retired Heroes more often than any other series???

Personally, this is my ideal scan situation.

Two groups, one fast and serviceable and the other of higher quality, but slower.

This way I can read both and more enjoyment out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread