Mega Anniversary Contest: Third Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
It's that time of year again!

This coming January will be MD's third anniversary. As is tradition, we are holding our annual Mega Anniversary Contest which will last from November 1st through January 3rd. For those of you who are new to our Mega Contest tradition, we have such a long submission time because unlike normal contests that we may run throughout the year, the Mega Anniversary Contest greatly challenges the skills of our talented userbase and we want you to have plenty of time to submit your best work! The rewards this year include:

Rewards:
- $50 Amazon or Steam card, whichever the winner prefers
- Game from the eternally generous @Lymus's Steam library
- Indie game from the frenetically fabulous @Kafka's Steam Library

Note that these prizes are subject to change if staff are able and willing to contribute more to the prize pool, but the above is the absolute minimum the winner will receive.

The Contest: The Sound of Music! I want you to create a video that somehow incorporates your favorite anime related song into it. As always, I will not be suggesting anything other than some vague guidelines. I don't like to restrict creativity whenever possible! Consider making an AMV (anime music video), do an instrumental or vocal cover of your favorite OP/ED from any anime, or showcase your editing skills to make an amazing karaoke of your favorite JPOP/JROCK song!

The Rules:
1. Entrants will have from 11/1/2020 to midnight of 1/3/2021 Eastern Standard Time to submit their entries. All work submitted after that time will be disqualified.
2. Your entry must be Safe For Work. Any NSFW entries will be disqualified.
3. Your entry must be your own work. If you are found to have plagiarized someone else, you will be disqualified.
4. If you choose to enter this contest, you agree to have your work uploaded to our Youtube Channel.
5. There will be only one winner, no runner-ups.
6. You can submit multiple entries if you choose, but be aware that each submission will count as a separate entry.
7. Your video must be able to be downloaded via a direct link and must be compatible with Youtube. I will not take the time to convert files.
8. You can collaborate with other contestants if you like, but only one person will be awarded the prize so make sure you have agreed beforehand who will be the recipient of the prizes.

Submit your entries here in the Mega Contest Entry Thread (note, thread will be unlocked on 11/1/2020). Follow the submission format as stated in the OP of the thread.

Best of luck everyone! All of you, dance like you want to win!

Dex-chan lover
This is just asking for more Pandoru isn't it?

Group Leader
5. There will be only one winner, no runner-ups.

I declare war on everyone else now.

2. Your entry must be Safe For Work. Any NSFW entries will be disqualified.

Huh... I recall it was said that the next contest will be about something NSFW? XD

But this is great. We just had an anime opening song tournament recently. That should give some people a bit of inspiration. X3

Dex-chan lover
Well, I personally can't edit to save my life. Maybe I'll still throw my foot out there. (Wait, that's not an actual saying. Wtf was I trying to say?)

I have zero experience in editing, but I might try and see if I'm able to do something worthy for competing
That $50 Amazon card is really tempting for me

Group Leader
I think there's a few things that need to be clarified.

create a video that somehow incorporates your favorite anime related song into it.
Consider making an AMV (anime music video), do an instrumental or vocal cover of your favorite OP/ED from any anime, or showcase your editing skills to make an amazing karaoke of your favorite JPOP/JROCK song!

So we are only allowed to use either songs from an anime, or songs that were made in Japan, correct? If a song isn't Japanese, or wasn't used in anime, then it's not qualified. It doesn't seem like we are required to stick with the anime that song was used in, either. For example: using a Naruto song for a DBZ video. Or a song from a video game for a Naruto video.

What about opening/ending/cutscenes from anime-style video games? Are they allowed?

Dex-chan lover
I kinda wanna do a middle age manly smoker reimmagination of renal circulations

Group Leader
Ohhh I might try storyboarding a fan anime opening to some manga on here. Saihate no paladin or death is the only ending for the vilainess who knows

Staff
Super Moderator
@Mr_Detective
That is correct. I didn't put it in the rules since it seemed rather obvious that the music or song had to be related to Japan in *some* way. Other than that, do as you please.

Group Leader
You may want to clarify if there is a minimum/maximum length for the AMV, otherwise there is a chance you would get 15 second clips of a song segment with random images added in. Not saying it would affect the judgement process, but it would help cut down on the number of troll/mass entries.

Dex-chan lover
Y'all listen, I'm Broke, So The Amazon $50 card is mine. I shall Win.!!!

Interesting! I'll see what I can come up with. Those prizes are really attractive.

Group Leader
If someone uses Scarborough Fair from Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? / SukaSuka I'll legit love you forever.

Staff
Super Moderator
We have our first submission from @Shin_968! Super early and impressive editing. Good luck, Shin!

Contributor
Good luck, Shin!
qfIbZz9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread