Gokufuri Kyohi Shite Tesaguri Start! Tokka Shinai Healer, Nakama to Wakarete Tabi ni Deru - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Aggregator gang
this is probably around chapter 53 in the web novels judging by the titles. not going to actually read it though

Is that a reference of biggs and wegde from FF VII? Lol... Wuggs and beige vs biggs and wedge... If thats whats in the raw, then author is being lazy...

Dex-chan lover
Those greedy adventurers are acting a lot like D&D players I’ve GM for and parties I’ve been in. 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know why, but I really just want to punch the MC in the face. If I could.

Anyone else just skim through this like me, because holy shit, there is so much text for so little progress.

Dex-chan lover
That party leader guy should just go be a soldier if he thinks they should fight to their last with only their own supplies, obviously they need to keep some for emergencys like running the fuck away.
A verbal promise from a guy that isn't even the lord of the area about some unspecified rewards? This is such a shit deal it's crazy.

This MC is a complete shitter, it starts out with him like "hey I question this" miracle bullshit gods approve and then he just runs around being a complete fool, suddenly magical hidden fairy, but he's too retarded to try to reproduce anything from the first summoning, see you in a thousand years when MC grows a brain, fairy.

And this guildmaster guy, what is he doing? He's running a branch of an orginisation as big as or maybe bigger than the country that without the country would absolutely collapse by moster overflow, how does he not have a hand over whatever the fuck the lord decides already? Just look at real life, any time a big corp goes unhappy some politican has to go and make them happy again, mostly because they don't want to lose taxes, but also because there is no such thing as a clean politican.

There's also the brainwashed party, why is that even in the story? It feels more like the author put it there because he read another isekai that did something similar than anything, they seem to be using their time better than MC but they couldn't be stronger than MC because MC is MC, makes it even more obvious how MC is just loling around.

Dex-chan lover
I think there's a mix-up on page 19. It says "the lord considers the guild a large source of income", but contextually, it's probably the other way around, with the lord being a frequent client of the guild and hence a major source of income.

There are also some minor problems with the text in this chapter overall. Mostly oddly built sentences, but also some sentences that were too confusing to understand without having to re-read them a couple of times. I'm guessing the translator's mother tongue isn't English and they were overwhelmed by the walls of text in this chapter. Looks like the group could have used the help of an editor and/or proofreader here.

Dex-chan lover
@SeryjVolk I was thinking the lord taxed the guild quite heavily, all the materials and stuff that they sell? But maybe it's like you say. Just doesn't seem like the lord/author is smart enough to realise that a lord actually has responsibilities.

Dex-chan lover
@Valve
No, you see, if the lord was the one financially depending on the guild, the guild would have had a financial lever to influence the lord to action, not the other way around.

Regardless, the lord can't pressure them trough their financial dependency, it can only be a bluff. The lord isn't giving them extermination work out of the goodness of his heart, but because he needs to. The only real sanction available to him, is to pay them less. Which is a very questionable move. As we see, a big percentage of adventurers are nomadic, and will just move away from his town to greener pastures, causing the safety of agriculture and trade to drop, and with it the lord's tax income. Now, he could grow his own force and expand the duties of the town guards to include those traditionally taken care of by adventurers, but from what I've seen, adventurers as a whole are more effective at doing odd jobs that require a wide variety of knowledge and skills. And the best part about using adventurers, is that unlike soldiers, they only get paid when they are on assignment. Whereas expanding the guard and their competences would essentially create a state corps of adventurers on retainer, perhaps effective and professional, but definitely less flexible and more expensive overall counting maintenance.

Dex-chan lover
pulling shit like this is totally not going to bite the lord in the ass, why would weakening your own defenses and making an enemy of your biggest money maker possibly end badly?

Dex-chan lover
That Baron noble, i think if the guild decides to leave the town, i wonder how pale will he then...

Dex-chan lover
I get those "greedy" adventurers. It's a life-or-death situation and they saw, that the supplies might run dry in a future wave. They know that the lord might not want to see it as it is and there is no need to complain about not having enough arrows in midst of the 3rd or 4th wave, when you are overrun. It's too late by then. Go greedy adventurers! Also being equipped well before and after such stampedes in a normal adventurers life is also a matter of life-and-death for most adventurers, I assume. No need to save a town in need, if you ruin yourself or die next day anyway, because some rich fart decided so, I guess.

@Valve: Though I'm with you on the lord being an incompetent ass, your comparison between big companies and "democratic" politicians lag. A politician can't just claim a CEO's head. If he literally could claim it, by ordering the military by the kings decree, things would be different. The way it is the companies have the stronger leverage. My guess is, that lord's position is rather strong and he knows it. Aristocracy in those fantasy settings often surpasses common sense, as being rich does in the real world.

The party leader should just be a soldier. He doesn't have the mentality to be an adventurer. Soldiers fight for their leader and the people, but adventurers fight for their own interests.

SeryjVolk
I was literally about to call that out since that makes no sense as the way it's worded would give power to the guild not the lords

Users who are viewing this thread