Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - Yugami-kun's Big Moment

Fed-Kun's army
That last page tripped me up. ? Didn't expect him to accept that he's not good and think how amazing rakugo performers are after that.

Damn Yuugami, I've been searching for the ending of Rat Hall but I couldn't find any! Had to search the Japanese word and use Google translate to understand the whole story TT__TT

Rat Hall seems very tragic. In the end the guy loses everything in a fire, he has to sell everything, including his daughter for prostitution. How is a tragic story like this able to make the audience laugh?

Power Uploader
Chihiro being happy for Yugami was so cute, and then reality hit her.

I just love everything this manga does but I gotta admit I kinda want to go to more sports stuff (and I'm usually the type of person who can't handle sports stuff).

Sem

Dex-chan lover
I'm so happy for Yugami and how he never wavers. It doesn't matter what others think, he just does what he wants and ends up satisfied with himself.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is amazing. I mean it. The writing is intricate, the characters are 3 dimensional and complex. 🧐
Even though it's supposed to be comedy-focused, the interactions and development are a thing of wonder.
It takes itself more seriously than stuff like Honda-san or Tanaka-kun or even Sakamoto-kun (albeit that one becomes a bit more interesting with the open-to-interpretation ending).
I have to say, like the student audience, I am thoroughly impressed and pleasantly surprised. 😇
I'd love to learn about the author, but there doesn't seem to be any info on them other than their pen name, Jun Sakura.
The manga feels like it comes from a truly passionate heart for the craft of story-telling. 😤
With 28 chapters down, I have to say, this series has been a solid 9/10, and deserves to be recognized.

Fed-Kun's army
@elefantine97

Very well said and i agree. I'm re-reading the chapters and i just love the story so much, especially for the characters.
The setup is so simple, yet i love it so much. It's nice that someone has put this into better words than i could have.

Dex-chan lover
10 mo ago
Damn Yuugami, I've been searching for the ending of Rat Hall but I couldn't find any! Had to search the Japanese word and use Google translate to understand the whole story TT__TT

Rat Hall seems very tragic. In the end the guy loses everything in a fire, he has to sell everything, including his daughter for prostitution. How is a tragic story like this able to make the audience laugh?

Yeah, I couldn't really find anything else about it except that it might be better to search for "Nezumiana." I did find a youtube video that might have been an audio recording of someone telling it, but there's no subtitles beyond what Youtube itself could provide you and well.. that feature is not terribly accurate. Here it is if anyone's curious and feels more inclined to sit through it to try and confirm it was even the right one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMGisluwa80

huh? Time Noodles is supposed to be the funny one.

Most rakugo are comical. Some of them can be sentimental too, but there's a reason Yugami was so fixated on whether or not an audience laughs during rakugo. We never saw the ending of that one here so who knows, maybe it does swing around from that somewhat tragic sounding stuff to something of a punchline.

Users who are viewing this thread