Anilist:implemented:

Contributor
Politics aside, MAL has probably the best manga DB after MangaUpdates, while Anilist isn't even near as informative in that regard.

As a side note, the only reason while a lot of people started using it recently is because of MAL API troubles, which lead to all third-party apps not being able to maintain I/O with the site.

So, don't really see the point.

Well adding a quick link wouldnt be too hard would it? If there was a way to update either MAL or Anilist would be pretty amazing though. Either automatically as you enter, or with a button like next to the links it would be really helpful. I've actually lost where I was when some manga got licensed and I was super sad I lost my spot.

Group Leader
AL entries are linked to the MAL ID somehow, i think, son they could be added and manually added for ones that aren't linked.

also, AL has more manga entries, or at least, they have active manga mods. i switched to anilist because of the mal shutdown and because they couldn't approve my manga entries even after a month.

edit: i should add that they still haven't approved the entries I submitted back in May of this year, while all my Anilist submissions and edits get responded to within a day or two.

VIP
More external links would be nice.

Related threads about adding more external links:
- #5101/63988: More external links e.g. Anilist, Kitsu and Anime-Planet
- #5101/66641: Add ebookjapan links
- #5715: Links to official releases in other languages (e.g. "Français officiel")
- #10633: Custom manga external link names (e.g. Official French URL, AniList)
- #12979: Add VNDB link
- #12453: Add additional buy source (e.g. EbookJapan, nico e-book, bookwalker, honto e-books)
- #25566: Add Kitsu.io link on Manga Page
- #28959: AnimeNewsNetwork
- #29055: links to Anilist
- #36603: External Links (AnimeNewsNetwork, The Doujinshi & Manga Lexicon)

Group Leader
More external links when (especially AniList)

I see that this is in 'already implemented' category of the megathread, and yet it is clearly not already a thing.

nvnNJUlG.png

And couldn't they give a reason for rejecting this?
https://mangadex.org/thread/10633/custom-manga-external-link-names

Custom title
Staff
Developer
As a serious reply, when someone cares enough to figure out the ID mappings for MD->Anilist and insert them to the database

Group Leader
Care enough to figure out the ID mappings for MD->Anilist and insert them to the database when

VIP
If it helps, AniList has an API that allows you to retrieve the AniList id corresponding to a given MyAnimeList id: https://anilist.github.io/ApiV2-GraphQL-Docs/query.doc.html

Minimal working example in Python:
Code:
import requests

url = 'https://graphql.anilist.co'

variables = {
    'idMal': 12450
}

query = '''
query ($idMal: Int) {
  Media (idMal: $idMal, type: MANGA) {
	id
    idMal
    title {
      romaji
      english
      native
    }
  }
}'''

response = requests.post(url, json={'query': query, 'variables': variables})
print("Response JSON:", response.content)
print("AniList id:", response.json()['data']['Media']['id'])

(Also, leading spaces are stripped out on these forums?)

Users who are viewing this thread