Brother for Rent - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Group Leader
This manga honestly really hits me deep.
Part of my wants her to run away and live with Makoto, but I also understand that her older brother has basically been tormented his entire life and has broken down.
She's not at fault for his trauma at all, and that doesn't excuse his actions, but it does make me sympathize for him.

@blurgh123, I'm not really sure too, it doesn't seem to make much sense. They said they would release his sister's "info" online, but they were just showing him a picture of her. There's not much they could have released besides her photo, name, and maybe address, but that's not even a threat because that's pretty standard info people have on their social media already (besides the address). I don't see why anyone online would bother going after them either just because they post someone's address either. Feels like the author was a bit lazy on this chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh my fucking god we're going to get a redemption arc for the deadbeat brother. Fuck me. I was so happy she was finally ditching that abusive piece of shit. I ain't looking forward to the rest of this :/

FFS go to Makoto and stop getting smacked around kid. Onee-chan is wrong, he isn't worth it... just give her an address and run away w/ rental Onii-chan.

Gah. This perpetuating abuse cycle is why this story doesn't sit in my favorites and I visit it only after a few chapters are out... Gives my psyche a chance to heal a bit. I've suffered abuse, so even reading about a child being redirected back into it... That's... ugh. tough?

Mind you mine came at the hands of my peers, and not my family. But still... Same triggers. Still gotta /popcorn and read to see if little lass ends up safe >.<

Dex-chan lover
So close...
Soooo close to going to Makoto.
Now shitbag brother is gonna get redemption..

Are we just going to ignore the fact that an adult is literally venting her problem onto that kid (forgot her name). I get this is a manga but this kind of ticks me off, that an adult is telling the situation that's really heavy to a kid, just so she can feel less sorry for herself by telling A KID about the problem. I'm sure she's a good person but I just don't like how she vented to a kid and now great, kid's gonna go back to her abusive brother.

Double-page supporter
is it bad that i sort of want this to turn into a tragedy now? Cuz this dumb.

Little girl goes back to her brother, tries one more time to get him out of his funk
Brother snaps, kills his sister, goes to jail.
Misuzu realizes that she's the one who convinced little girl to return to her brother when she was finally almost safe
Misuzu jumps from a building

that is so dumb wtf just because he got bullied never gave him the right to out right abuse her and onee-chan over here just tried to make herself feel better by telling a naive child because she knew that she’d forgive her 😐

Fed-Kun's army
If he could really be saved, and if she's willing, then it's fine by me but I don't think it's something she has to do after the abuse and neglect she went through. That's for me personally though, family abuse runs so deep, it's better to severe ties with them for your own sake. But as long as she feels (and is) safe to do things, feels "intact", and has the guidance, I believe it's fine. It's her well-being that matters, especially she's still so young and developing. Kanami is strong but also vulnerable. That's the only thing I'm worried about.

Wrong move. I know how this goes. I bet the brother's got unfinished business that he can't take care of until she's somewhere safe. Don't throw the sheep back into the lion's den...

Ah, Tragedy tag strikes again. I get it, he's also a victim and sometimes the bullied become bullies in turn, but I don't really see why I should care about him other than because he's her blood relative. There's not a single point in this current timeline where the "nice" onii-san inside him has come out, not even for a second. In a real life setting, it's advice like Onee-chan's that causes victims to continue to stay abused and not speak up.

Also wtf is up with her brother's classmates? "Oh let us beat you up, otherwise we'll doxx your family on the internet"?

Dex-chan lover
Just what the hell happened here? I'm fine with Kanami's brother getting redemption and having a backstory to explain his actions, but that all depends on Kanami herself no longer needing to suffer under his care. This entire chapter just feels so god damn forced.

Why the hell did Misuzu go to Kanami of all people to say all this stuff for no reason all of a sudden? And it's exactly when she was about to move out of the house too, so she just ends up having an excuse going back into, as other people put it, the lion's den.

And that's not even mentioning the bullies blackmailing the brother. The bullying couldn't have just been unrelated to his family, but nonetheless exacerbates his deteriorating mental state? They didn't need to make him a martyr by supposedly "sacrificing" himself to the bullying for Kanami's sake, especially since the blackmailing doesn't even make much sense in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread