Nidome no Yuusha

Well, I was hoping for something more like Ubel Blatt; however, we are getting a pretty poor start. Too much crammed into a short first chapter, rushing through so much that the only reason I can figure out what is going on is because I've read a bunch of RPG-Isekai novels/manga. It drops the ball quite a few times on establishing the vital emotional resource needed so I would care about this "Edgelord"
First, the opening scene does not convey much for emotion, he got betrayed, has a sword in his chest, and he's kinda like, "I have no problems talking and will smile and laugh!"
Then, after restarting at level 1 he's capable of wiping out a whole room of knights barehanded... This breaks a lot of the potential tension and suspicion that could be established, instead he blows it and reveals he is a peerless OP edgelord (so far). Him uppercutting the princess immediately was interesting and could have combo-ed; yet, it was not capitalized on. Honestly, if he failed to beat the knight, was captured, tortured, executed and "respawning" again that would have MASSIVELY improved the edgelord levels. We could see the story improve in future chapters, so I'll keep an eye on it, but it is a weak chapter 1.

Fed-Kun's army
This is gonna get a LOT worse, we're talking Dungeon Seeker levels of edge here. It's gonna be a wild ride.

HARD pass. That last scene was just gratuitous. Shield Hero and Dungeon Seeker are some of my least favorites and this looks even further away from my wheel house. I like my vengeance slow, methodical, and most importantly, not edgelord childish.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. That was a total train wreck. I'll give it another chapter or two just to see, but I feel like I'll probably end up passing on this one.

Well ... imagine if i play a game and got forced through the tedious tutorial that is 4 years long ... im probably gonna snap ...

Double-page supporter
Oh now we have edgelord isekai

Goddamit japs, as if vending machine isekai was bad enough

Dex-chan lover
You people complained for something seemingly out of place

The art is nice, the goal is clear, and the mc isnt holding back, i say this is a decent one we got for awhile

Dex-chan lover
CRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWLING IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN THESE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUNDS THEY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Double-page supporter
through word and action everyone pray and cursed single entity to become true evil . now the curse manifested and granted like everyone truly wished/pray for . win win?

Users who are viewing this thread