Users can edit away moderator adjutments.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm uncertain if this is a bug as much as it is a limitation, but a moderator can edit a comment, add a "code /code" explaining why, and the user can remove the mods edit and also remove the mods comment. Is this supposed to be possible? It seems like it would kind of defeat the point of moderators editing comments.

I know the kneejerk reaction is "anyone who would edit a comment already editted by a mod should be banned", but I don't think the comment would get noticed by the moderator if the user edits away the problem and the moderators comment. There'd be no reason to for another lay-user to report the comment anymore.

Users can edit away moderator adjutments.
Ah fudge,
*away moderator adjustments

hmmm, seem familiar to me....
Is this that "Go Blue" guy incident? anyway, back to the topic.

yeah, but isnt that for the spoiler thingy only?

Idk about this, isn't it when you get moderated that comment will be invisible for other/s unless there is a setting for that.

Yeah it is kind of defeat the system itself, i hope they fixed it.

Fed-Kun's army
@ColorfulSoy
I found the setting you're referencing, but by default it's left on "view all comments" which doesn't resolve the issue I'm referencing. Though now I'm wondering why that setting even exists. If a comment isn't bad enough to need to be outright deleted, yet wasn't editted by the moderator to the point of being socially acceptable for all to see, what exactly is the point of the moderator editing the comment then? Why not just ouright delete all of the ones that violate terms if you're going to make a setting like that?

I also don't know if there's a flag on the moderator side that activates that setting, or if it's the code the moderator adds to the post that flags the comment to be invisible. I assume it's the former, but if it's the later the user can just edit away the flag turning the setting useless.

Dex-chan lover
I guess the most effective way to counter counter-edits (lol) would be to lock moderator edited comments from being edited again by the original user.

Furthermore, modded comments (the ones that you have to view-toggle on) would still be editable.

Comments that were both moderated and edited would also be locked from editing too, of course.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Chrona posted:

I'm uncertain if this is a bug as much as it is a limitation, but a moderator can edit a comment, add a "code /code" explaining why, and the user can remove the mods edit and also remove the mods comment. Is this supposed to be possible? It seems like it would kind of defeat the point of moderators editing comments.
Yeah, of course it's known. It's just an edit and from a technical standpoint there's nothing stopping a user from re-editing their comment.

However, this doesn't seem to have been much of a problem in the past. "Fuck around and find out", as they say. Mods can see comment edit histories where necessary.

Fed-Kun's army
@Teasday
Ah, so I was correct when I stated.
I know the kneejerk reaction is "anyone who would edit a comment already editted by a mod should be banned"
This is the official stance. Understood, as long as you guys are, okay with it. I guess.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Chrona I didn't say they'll necessarily get banned - in fact, it takes quite a bit of effort to get outright banned here - but yes, that is ultimately one possible action. Again, this issue hasn't been generally speaking a big problem.

Dex-chan lover
False: MD staff will ban you if you're a bot advertising something. Extremely prejudice.

Dex-chan lover
False: MD staff will ban you if you're a bot advertising something. Extremely prejudice.
Those spambots had families of 1's and 0's to support, yet they were rudely turned away in a time of need.
The continued systematic oppression is what will finally bring about the Machine Uprising.

Dex-chan lover
Those spambots had families of 1's and 0's to support
QD2bqb2.gif

Smh, why won't anyone think of the bots?

Users who are viewing this thread