Kainushi Juujin to Petto Joshikousei

It is weird to see a human as a pet and perhaps some people will be putt off by the setting but to be honest I think this manga has an interesting spin on how we humans and our pets interact. We cannot talk directly to our cats and dogs (and other pets), we take them away from their parents at an early age and all they can do is trying to figure out what we do.

At the end of the day we as humans have to build up a relationship to our pets by interacting with them in positive ways so that they can start trusting us.
And what is the advantage for us humans? Well for the modern humans mostly cute pictures on the phone.

le3

Dex-chan lover

This is surprisingly heart warming

Dex-chan lover
Cute manga and pretty enjoyable (especially that random art reference panel in chapter 6). I'm still a little...taken out of the story by their inability to communicate with each other. The girl is a teenager who found herself there suddenly, not a human raised in this world so she's uneducated or stupid or anything. And it shows she's reading and watching stuff to learn their language. So it seems odd that by this point she would have been unable to really communicate in any way with him and he'd act like we do with cats and shit with her. It's just...kinda weird.

Dex-chan lover
I have to admit, it does feel disturbing, empathizing from a pet's perspective. Separation, confusion, inability to communicate, fear...

BCS

Dex-chan lover
@ghostkun: the manga seems to have dropped all that pretty much instantly. Something about her parents not loving her or whatever.

Dex-chan lover
>tragedy tag

I dunno, the only tragedy this might have is the amount of people getting diabetes from reading it.

It was a cute read until they got to the whole eating part of the human pets.

Just fyi, a quick google revealed that this is translated up to chapter 17, but the translations after chapter 6 are just by annotation. So if you want to read more, and youre cool reading a version that hasnt been typesetted you can.

Cute and all, but how can a fully sentient human fail to achieve communication to the point where they're actually raised as livestock?
Also how the hell did eating humans sneak its way into a cute manga?

Contributor
This manga is cute and all, but it also makes me anxious about what would happen to the human in the next chapter mmm...

Users who are viewing this thread