Heterogeneous Linguistics - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Heres betting its where all the elderly live, and all these supplies are because theyre too old to provide for themselves now.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda glad they didn't make it a sexy monster girl and kept the atmosphere and feel of this manga with more realistic (...well...you know what I mean) interpretations. I do enjoy that harpies can talk but due to the pitch of their voice it's impossible to communicate that way so they had to find another way. Really neat.

Double-page supporter
I agree with @james.
Since they have language, it had high probabilty to have a culture too.

Dex-chan lover
Does this mean the arc with harpies is ended for now?
Since their houses are so up high, it's not possible to learn more yet.

@OniBarubary don't be relieved yet, he said that there's probability another harpy species with human female(?) feature. There's a chance either they too will be introduced.

Dex-chan lover
I see so body language it was, interesting pick, but i love it.

Dex-chan lover
@OniBarubary Oh i'm sure there are sexy monster girls in their world but they are probably pretty rare. It seems that in order for a human monster hybrid to exists, a human has to basically have sex with an animal like the professor did.

This chapter was especially hilarious to me as a bird owner, because my bird actually does use body language to tell me what she wants, so I felt right at home lol

I saw Susuki awoo and I woke up in the intensive care unit on a ventilator.

Dex-chan lover
This word might be before the half human mongirls we know so well. At least until some brave soul paves the way. Susuki was worth the effort.

Dex-chan lover
Just caught up with this gem of an Iyashikei...one of the few that I actally enjoyed in the genre.
Good that there aren’t any monster girls...makes even more sense considering humans have to romance these other races to generate different subspecies, and considering this continent seems to be avoided by humans, the bridges are still left to be built.
It’s also really interesting to note that through all the nuances communication can offer, the author still goes the extra mile and can show-off personality of induviduas even for brief moments. Like that Harpy guide seemed really enthusiastic and caring to conversing with others...might be because their sense of smell in reduced, so their communication is far more active.
Also glad that there wasn’t any magical element introduced...it would be and extra set of fantasy subsystems and would take away from the sociological realism.

Users who are viewing this thread