Why are all manhua's about "CEOs" or "Daddies"

Dex-chan lover
I'm legit trying to understand this...it seems that all the Chinese manhua's are about CEOs, Daddies, or some combination thereof. Is this all Xi let's his people write about?

Dex-chan lover
I'm legit trying to understand this
Same, I just can't figure it out. Why would you post this on General when the Manga forum is more appropriate?
OOtLruJ.gif

Dex-chan lover
@sterven sorry, this is like the second time I posted here. I wasn't discussing any manga specifically, just a concept in general, hence where I posted. I guess the mods can move it or I can repost the topic.

Double-page supporter
@Hootanic
https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/why-all-the-ceo-male-leads.112872/#post-5853808

Dex-chan lover
@Halo thanks! That makes sense, since a lot of these are like fantasies where a "Prince Charming" analogue saves a woman from her circumstances

Dex-chan lover
It's the Chinese equavalent of being isekai'd into a slow life for Japan and trashy power fantasy for Western audience

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN I'd say it's more like western's trashy romance novels,since those also often have male leads in position of power from their money.

@bigtiddyoneesan If it's equivalent as in "group of evil fighing team", that'd be those sentai series like Power Ranger, amd if it's just "heroes fighting villains" in general, that'd be Kamen Riders and Ultramans series.

I don´t want to brutally shit on the people making this stuff but when you see daddy, yaoi, and for some weird ass reason zombie evolution manhua it might just start to get a liiiittle bland maybe perhaps

Cause the chinese know us westerners detest it but cant help but real it till the end.

Tbh i saw more of the immortal god heaven divine super cultivator reincarnation thingy more than the CEO or daddy ones, but still the ceo/daddy is a lot out there

Double-page supporter
Cultivation = shounen / seinen
CEO prince = shoujo / josei

is a Reindeer
VIP
ceo daddy please save me from poverty with your muscular wallet and lavish lifestyle

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Plykiya is exactly one head shorter than me lmao.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Richman My friends IRL are about your height and I told them I have a surefire way to win in a fight against them

I just need to stand directly under their chin and then jump as hard as I can. It would likely give them a concussion and put me in a coma so they can do whatever they want with my unconscious body

Users who are viewing this thread