HorribleSubs has fallen victim to the 2020 Curse

From the website
Farewell
HorribleSubs began more than a decade ago providing subtitles for anime. We have grown way beyond what was originally imagined. But... as the cliché saying goes, all good things must eventually come to an end.

This was a hard decision to make for the team, but the truth is, our real life responsibilities have been growing, especially in the times of COVID-19. COVID-19 has really impacted us in various ways, but ultimately it negatively affected how much time we were able to frequently contribute. After some reflection and evaluation, we realized moving on was the best way forward. You could technically say COVID killed HorribleSubs.

This is naturally a good transition point since the Summer 2020 anime season ended and the Fall 2020 anime season is just about to begin. Yes, we waited to finish most of the series before dropping this news. Be grateful for that. However, do not worry. We're certain that other groups will pick up the mantle.

Thank you all for joining us on this journey. Many good memories were made, but it is time to say goodbye! Feel free to share whatever thoughts you have in the Disqus thread below.

Group Leader
I have heard about this one.... everyone on the Indonesia fansub community is just shocked by that news....

that is just so sad.....

edit :
from horriblesub discord

For everyone that thinks we are joking or this is some elaborate prank, this is not. We are officially shutting down. Like I mentioned in the Disqus post, I'll be posting a longer post hopefully to give more insight on HorribleSubs' past and hopefully answer some questions people have had.

We will eventually shut down the Disqus but this Discord server will remain up. As far as what we'll do with this server, that's to be determined.

Dex-chan lover
CuzOjkVt.png

NOOO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!! WHERE WILL I-

juic6zIt.png

...Uh, I mean, what's HorribleSubs? I get most of my anime from my Crunchyroll subscription.

Dex-chan lover
This is really sad. I pretty much only download anime from HS because Crunchy roll isn't available in my country, and Netflix region blocks a bunch of shows. I guess it's back to checking mal for new anime then head to nyaa it is.

Dex-chan lover
That's the biggest victim of corona so far. Damn shame, but what can you do.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday @BestBoy
They ripped Crunchyroll subs
I know, the joke was that I pretended not to know about torrenting and that I watched anime directly from Crunchyroll like a good boy. Spoiler:
I don't watch anime directly from Crunchyroll like a good boy.

Dex-chan lover
>HS ded
>Yui at their front page,
whose chances of winning the 8bowl are also ded
Fitting ngl

med_1494382856_00030.jpg

Oh well, I gonna miss them o(〒﹏〒)o
They always released stuff a little faster than Erai-raws
I had begun to download all the animes that I was following during the seasons from them because the first (and last) time I subscripted CR I was getting insane with the poor quality of the servers (it was an extraordinary pain to try watching every new episodes of Mob Psycho 100 II)

Contributor
Sad indeed, and i bet the fakecovid was just en esxcuse, probably they got blackmailed, anyway always used Erai since they release from the same source but with different country subs, mine included. <3

Users who are viewing this thread