Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 9 Ch. 41 - I

Group Leader
It's finally here! Enjoy! 😇 And by the way, the manga ending has been announced and if I understood correctly, there should be chapter 42 and 43 left, then it's over! 😭😇

Hello, sorry for the wait. I have carpal tunnel, and my sister just had a baby, and work has been crazy, and every other excuse, blahblahblah. There are only 2 chapters left before the series ends, so I'll do my best to get on them in a timely manner.

I didn't love this chapter when I first skimmed it, but by the end, I've decided it's a good chapter. Kid Satoko crying made me cry.

Thanks for reading, and huge thanks to Daphie for the base translation this time. All I did was crosschecking :)

only 2 chapters left :,(( that's a bummer, Thanks for the translation!

Imma cry in the corner now

Dex-chan lover
Whoa, that was a crazy chapter. At first I was like "who are these people?" and then I realized they were all past versions of her. Very symbolic, but man it does feel like she's lost a screw somewhere when you think about it out of context.

Group Leader
sad to see it’s gonna end real soon 😭😭 thank you so much for your hard work as always, was so happy to see the update 🥰🥰

Dex-chan lover
This is such an interesting and really introspective look towards Satoko's inner self(ves). Damn worth a second read!

Such a heavy chapter. The fears of all the different Satoko's hit a bit close to home for me so it's always nice to see these kinds of problems tackled in manga.
It's also amazing that they didn't go for the usual 'Just face your fears, get stronger and get over it' and instead they tell you that, sometimes, it's okay to be scared.
Definitely my favorite chapter so far.

Thanks for the hard work.

It took me a while to realize whats happening, but its beautiful in its own way.

Fed-Kun's army
What an amazing storyteller sensei is, the past Satoko and the current Satoko's thoughts were a great way to get her 'backstory' and see how she learned and changed over the years.

It's kinda scary how much I related to that last section...

Oh wow... this manga keeps getting more and more captivating everytime i read it. :')
Also, I didn't understand the thermometer part, someone pls explain??

@ilaya to be honest, I don't understand either. She's referring to the first few chapters, when she would check her temperature every time she woke up. They never explained why, and I guess this is the explanation? It calms her down, but I don't know why.

Thank you sooo much for your hard work 🥺🙏🏻💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

This chapter reminds me of a certain quote from some other manga I read the other day. More or less it goes along with the line of:

“Only when you truly acknowledge you are hurt, that you can finally begin the process of healing.”

Absolutely exquisite chapter. Reminds me it’s okay to grow up, learn, and live day by day together with my pains instead of burying it behind while unresolved. Thanks for the wonderful translation! :)

Dex-chan lover
Paired with the last chapter, this chapter really makes me lose faith (?) in Satoko and Mashuu. I don't know if "lose faith" is the best term, so that's why I put a question mark there.

They're both imperfect people. Fair enough. That's completely normal. However, they have become codependent. Mashuu sees in Satoko this almost perfect guardian figure. He literally said that he sees her as like his mom. Satoko, for her part, has these insecurities and projects onto Mashuu as being so mature.

That's not a healthy basis for a romantic relationship. That's actually a really bad basis for a romantic relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread