She Is a Beauty

The translation on this makes it really hard to follow.

@nami there are a lot of idioms - really old ones too, hard to translate & proofread but we'll try our best!

mrf

So someone said this one is dropped? Dropped by the TL (old group) or it was truly dropped?

Dex-chan lover
The execution is so bad I don't get the plot at all. That's a typical manhua for you! At least the MC bitch looks nice. Hoping for smut soon!

As others have said, the beginning is a bit hard to follow. If you keep reading it mostly clears up, but I think it would've been nice if the author included more of her life before the injury.

Given the context so far it seems her appearance change is supposed to be just a plot point/excuse to have 'pretty' characters. She's very focused on regaining her 'appearance,' and although she often comments on being weaker, hasn't actually gone to train?! (Unless this series brings up magical artifacts/cultivation stuff later) there are *no shortcuts* to recovering from a 6 month injury/bedrest! Hard work and physical therapy is the only way!

Just some thoughts on appearance/dysphoria in the series:
Even though within the series her focus on appearance seems to be just a plot gimmick, from an outside perspective I've been seeing a lot of dysphoria from the MC. Some of it seems to stem from a need to prove that she's as capable as men are, some of course to waking up and finding out your face and body are completely different. But (even though I feel like the plot will probably go a romance/accept-this-appearance route) the MC definitely has some issues with being afab and desires a more masculine appearance/to be treated as male!

- written as of ch.18

Users who are viewing this thread