The site has received a major update on backend code. Please report any bugs that you notice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
A major update has been rolled out to the site. You won't see any differences on the frontend, but the backend has been almost completely rewritten by @rdn over the past month, meaning that it will now be easier to roll out new features in future. You may encounter new bugs as a result of this... If you do, please report them!

the webpages titles changed putting the number first, please change it back to [title][number].
also in the main page updates only the latest chapter is shown even if another chapter was posted minutes before, if more than 1 chapter is uploaded please show them all in a 1 series box or show the lowest chapter number in the series of uploads, for example if chapters 33, 34 and 35 are uploaded in a short period of time show 33 in the update section of the main page instead of 35.
the same happens in the follows

The featured titles and new titles at the bottom of the front page are empty for me, so is the top manga box on the right (says "No manga to display.").

The One
Staff
Admin
@cmiato that has been changed a while ago ... when v3 launched.

go to
https://mangadex.org/settings
and set Latest Updates to Grouped chapter list
jQvXmwc.png

to see more than one chapter per manga.

Double-page supporter
Not sure if it's related, but I just unfollowed manga and however there's warning "Are you sure? This will remove all the 'read chapter' markers." unfollowing manga didn't removed 'read chapter' (eye) marker. About 3 days ago worked fine.

Contributor
@BzzBzz That warning has always been there. I'm not sure if it actually removed the markers themselves or not, though.

Contributor
May or may not be a bug, but do we really need the "(Title)" bit in the little bubble that pops up on hover?
21km6pw.png

Power Uploader
@BzzBzz

I'd rather have it like this. Just because I don't want to follow a manga any more, doesn't mean I didn't read those chapters.

VIP
Glad to hear that the backend code is being kept in good shape!

I once had to work with a code base that had an enormous god class, randomly commented out code everywhere, and very little in the way of documentation. Technical debt is soooooo not fun.

Not sure if it has always been like this, but:

When reading manga in long strip mode, if you try to go to the next page (via bottom right arrow keys or via keyboard) before the next page's image has loaded, it'll go to the top, to page 1, even if you weren't on the last page. More preferable functionality would be for it to not do anything if the page hasn't loaded (and of course go to the next page once it has loaded). Right now leads to a potentially unintuitive UX.

When changing setting from view all to hide-h, all titles remain visible even after changing the settings

@PaperboxD1 did you make sure to push the save button? If so, when you refresh what does the settings say? If browsing on mobile, may also want to check if your viewing an offline copy.
Works fine for me, checked main page and title pages on Firefox Android.

Group Leader
i noticed that one of the mangas I was reading had an update 2 days ago.. then checking the previous chapters I have read was now UNREAD/UNVIEWED how come???

I'm not sure if this is related but the Groups button in the Follows page returns an HTTP Error 500

hello there, the manhwa ''Boss in School'' shows me a ''there are no chapters in your language'' when just yesterday i read some. ?

Group Leader
The description of the group page changes when you go to the comment or manga tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread