37 Year Old Kindaichi Case Files

ewa

Awesome
Now we know how all those case solving effect those boy detectives when they're adults

Double-page supporter
never though he was become normal salaryman -_- . his future was quite..... normal , i tough he opened detective agency in future . and what happened with miyuki? did she get married with another man?

Power Uploader
@davremedy Nothing is revealed as yet. This is a monthly release which started in the second week of January, so the second chapter should be out in 10 days or so.

Double-page supporter
Cool, Kindaichi's shinigami is back from break, causing crime and deaths to occur around him.
Hope we'll see the future of the other recurring characters from the prequel too.

Dex-chan lover
This is a great spin-off. The only nitpick I have would be how he essentially doesn't look any different from his 17 year old self. I was expecting him to at least have a different hairstyle or become fatter lol.

If you want me to make a comparison, I hope more about the continuation of Tantei Gakuen Q than the Kindaichi series.
I have already bought 22 of the licensed volume in my country. Quite satisfied with the storyline, type of case, drama, and how they solve the case.
It was really fun to see DDS than Kindaichi. But, Kindaichi seems to be much more popular so that there are more sequels and spin-offs endlessly.
No wonder about the end, they become successors of Dan and each one gets a piece. The goal is clear so it is difficult to continue.

Every time I look at Kindaichi, maybe it's what it feels like to see Shinichi if he didn't experience the incidence of his body getting smaller due to drugs.
What's interesting about Kindaichi is only the type of case faced.
Detective Conan is still great in terms of practice and analysis taken from in-depth research in the real world.

It is repetitive and there is no major development, but I keep reading this series.

Always liked the irreverant, throughly teenaged brilliant high school detective Kindaichi...since I didn't read the last of his h.s. days yet, not sure why he's so set against solving cases. I also thought he'd be a detective or something similar, rather than an office worker--especially since he was so lazy but a genius at solving mysteries. Anyhow, Thanks to the ?Irregulars + Kindaichi-Lovers for bringing us this series! Hate being left with a cliffhanger, but leaving us there for 8 months???? Truly a cruel & harsh punishment for readers. PLEASE UPDATE as soon as possible!
As always, THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK on all the BEST MYSTERY SERIES, IRREGULARS! You guys are THE BEST!?

It would've been a cool twist if he got married offscreen to some girl/woman other than Miyuki, she's just an annoying pest (worse than Ran in Meitantei Conan) that abuses Hajime by being clingy when she's uncomfortable then being distant and childish when she doesn't need to rely on him.

That's the most hideous type of woman who plays with the innocence of young men, and probably the reason why Hajime wouldn't ever marry Miyuki if a good woman came along or if he is satisfied with being single.

Hmmm, I have a slight feeling that the reason he stopped doing cases might be because
Miyuki died due to being involved in one of his case, or something similar.
That would explain both why there wasn’t any progress in his relationship in 20 years and be a “good enough” justification for the “he stopped doing cases” plot.

@Keimichi
It was very clearly stated Miyuki's currently working as a flight attendant, so at the very least, she's not dead. Plus, Hajime received texts from her at least twice during Uta Island Resort.

Aggregator gang
@Asriel She abused him? When? Did we even read the same series? I have been fans of Kindaichi for 20 years and never see Miyuki as annoying. She is a good girl who has supported him a lot. She wanted him to be success in life. To be fair, Kindaichi is not that great of a person, he is lazy and lecherous who didn't care to study properly so she had to be the person to straighten him up. Clingy? You mistake her for someone else? She is smart and independent. Play with innocent men? Are we even refer to the same person here? Miyuki is a straight-laced and honest girl, there were plenty of men that better than Hajime followed her but she keeps liking and support Hajime. Hajime is innocent? He is a huge pervert and super smart so I don't understand where the innocent part came from.
The annoying one to me is Reika. Reika is clingy as hell and I can't stand the kind of girl that acts cutesy to get men's attention.
Ran is also a good girl. I don't understand what is bad about her. She is strong, caring and smart. She is understanding of Shinichi's situation. She waited for him. If it was any other women, they would have forgotten him and date other men. She saved Haibara and other characters in many occasions. She is great despite growing up in a household with her parents divorced and her father is not really a good role model for children.
I am tired of people bashing the heroines. Your view of women has some problems. I am afraid to know what your ideal woman is like. Miyuki is the most hideous type of woman? You make me laugh. I have seen more worst type of women and currently living under the same roof with 2 of them, my malicious aunts who are always smiling but then spread bad rumors about others, gossip behind people's back, try to create a rift between others. Thank to them I got severe depression.

Aggregator gang
@goronyanpai I started to read both series when I was 7 years old and it has been more than 20 years now. I actually read Conan before Kindaichi but I feel like Conan is a lot more boring recently. It always great to see new chapter of Kindaichi while I dropped Conan 6 years ago and only occasionally come back to just read chapters involve the Black Organization. The start of the series were great but then it get repetitive as hell with the number of 3 suspects cases where the motives for murders are pretty ridiculous.

I find this Kindaichi's sequel very enjoyable. Yet, very depressing due to how relatable it is. Its nature about growing up and growing old. Separation, not by conflict but by ambition that lead to different path. I think this is one the strength of this sequel, showing progression of time unlike Detective Conan which time virtually freeze. Recommended for anyone who is nostalgic lmao.

Dex-chan lover
It irritates me to no end that even at the age of 37, those two aren't married yet.

miyuki is on a "world tour" and working as a "flight attendant" at the age of 37. sounds like she's eloped with some rich dude and probably lied to him. think about it.

Just skimming first chapter,
So it's canon that kindaichi become failure for 20 years after high school and try to get his life back after he become 37 years old?
That was so depressing.

Users who are viewing this thread