Tall Girls Can Fall in Love Too

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Huh? It's a choose-your-own-adventure webtoon?

wtf is wrong with her friend... I already hope she gets written out of the story

I haven't got the foggiest idea wtf happened, what did the pinkhead want to do? Brought a girl on a blind date with two guys, says "I'm homo" and kisses her girl friend and insults the guys for, well no apparent reason (atleast I couldn't see one?), I mean, wtf? Did I miss some plot? Or is she just a dumb egoistic bitch?

It's a blind date arranged by their families. Most probably she can't go against them without facing some consequences & other stuff (arranged marriages, marriage meetings & blind dates are pretty popular in Asia, formal ones that is). So, she went & tried to show that she's not interested in the guy. After the guy sees that he'll give up & she'll be free until the next one.

Dex-chan lover
"Blind date" is perhaps an unfortunate translation for some of these Asian things. But we don't have a word for what it actually is. In Japanese manga a lot of scanlators just don't translate the word "omiai" because almost anything would be either misleading or really awkward.

Contributor
Altough she is tall for a girl, my height is the same as hers, I don't have any of the problems she said and some times I feel small compared to others. Is china a country of midgets? lol

Fed-Kun's army
My first response to this title was: "Yes, yes of course they do..."

This looks like a Chinese version of Love*Com that's more focused on the drama.

Also, this chick's clothes struggles are real. I'm the same height and in Japan there are no clothes for women of my height (I was glad to go back state-side just for clothes). All the pants become capris, shoes are impossible. I can't imagine China is any better.

Double-page supporter
I kind of like this earliest chapters. I jump to the raw version and the drama evolution made me keep my interest in this manhua, tough I found something bit weird, my chinese is still bad but I could understand many parts, Is it written in "plain-simple" chinese?.

Dex-chan lover
@draw2much: If I had to guess I'd suspect people in China average even shorter than Japan. The Japanese diet has been shifting towards more meat and other Westerny stuff easily half a century now, and heights are probably rising some. China . . . well, of course depends on social class, and maybe up in the north where there's cattle country you get taller people, but I bet huge portions of the population still eat rice, rice, some veggies, and a bit of whatever else they can get their hands on. (Thinks: Wait, internet age, don't need to guess, looks up. Turns out yeah, China averages slightly shorter than Japan, but Beijing averages taller apparently)

Power Uploader
... I don't understand why you guys comparing the height of people based on where they live. There's variety of heights throughout China and in any other countries. Height is depended on your Genes. You either grow tall or short depending on whose genes you took. But it also depends on what you do with your life. Like, pregnancy, exercise, and your diet. But most of it, it depends on your genetics. I had a grandpa from my dad side whose 6 foot tall, but everyone else in the family was 5'4 ~ 5'5 because my grandma (dad's side) was only 4'11. It averaged out the rest of the family to be shorter. However, my older brother is 5'8 and my youngest brother is 5'6. My mom is only 5 ft and I'm only one inch taller than her. That's the highest my height will ever go no matter what I eat or what I do. It's genetics mostly.

Dex-chan lover
At an individual level genetics can dominate, but when it comes to averages it's more about diet. Where I live there are a lot of kids who are like 2nd-3rd generation Asian immigrants. They eat like everyone else and they're the same size as everyone else and they tower over their parents and grandparents. Protein & fat-heavy diets make you big but more prone to chronic diseases; traditional grain&veg with very little meat type diets make you small but are good for your arteries.

Haha "180cm is tall" I'm almost tall and I consider myself short. I suppose I'll just manually adjust that for reading this, I've seen women who are 200cm tall.

Dex-chan lover
I have the same problem with MC :')
In most/some Asian countries, girl with height 170 cm above most likely taller than most boy. And sometimes the problem is not the boy's height but rather stupid society. Sigh...

Well, i wasn't planning on doing this, it just happened. The story draws you in right from first chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread