Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 5 Ch. 43 - I can't agree with what you're thinking

Dex-chan lover
you think you're a celebrity... procedes to give a detailed and precise description and personal information of the boy
hahaha, would call it stalkerish, but is her detective prowess

I cant remember - did the other vampire girls threaten to kill him if he did not become a vampire, or would he automagically die if he did not turn before a deadline??

Because - the way I see it, if people can get sucked without risking death than this isn't an issue.

Dex-chan lover
Where were all these onee-sans who wanted to have fun with middle schoolers when I was that age? Goddamn does it suck not being an anime character sometimes.

@Knighto - no thats simply deduction.
Hes a kid in the night with a particular look and particular way of talking, wants to be a vampire but some how aint in love with one.
An adult who spends their time investigating people can read this boy like an open book - and fortune tellers do the same shit too.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes it's hard to think someone would be scared of cops for doing nothing, but then I remember Japan is a police-state when it comes to minors

Fnl

@Spoonikle
The thing is, if he doesn't turn into a Vampire in one year after being sucked for the first time, it means it's impossible for him to turn into one, and if that happens, he'll get killed because he knows too much about vampires.

god what a hypocrite. "Sure i'll let humans do all sorts of horrible shit to each other but vampires sucking blood? that's too much man."

@Fnl - Thanks.
Yea - so basically... there is no actual reason for vampires to be considered evil.
Find a hooker - pay to suck her every couple months, and live a normal life.

Just avoid sucking somebody who could fall in love with you.

Dex-chan lover
Once again, the human can't explain why it's better to stay human.

The whole 'vampires are evil creatures who destroy humans' is the same type of thinking in today's politics.
'Vote for me because my opponent is horrible' doesn't really sell why I should vote for a person, and 'stay human even though humans do horrible things to each other because vampires are worse' wouldn't convince me to stay human.

This vampire hunter is a poor saleswoman and needs to work on her pitch.
Same with the friend from the last chapter with 'we can go drinking when we're adults so stay human'.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone She's not really bad, imo. She's just opposite our point of view character and acts kind of unlikable, but she's not wrong. I mean, we've seen what vampires can do (remember how the JK vamp sent a dude down a madness spiral almost by accident out of boredom?) and how they think (didn't think too much of killing MC should he not cooperate). And that's before their demonstrated actual physical abilities like super strength, and flight, and whatnot.

If anything, we can probably assume that Nazuna is a bit of an exception, which aligns with the other vampires seeing her as a weirdo and an oddity. So the detective lady definitely has a point. Vampires are dangerous, they seem at least a little unpredictable, and the MC was going into the whole thing a little half-cocked. I think it's good that he's now forced to confront these things.

Dex-chan lover
@brainman
She's fantasizing about illicit relationships with minors. She's bad.

I don't agree with her view on vampires, but I don't really give a shit about that.

Dex-chan lover
I find it interesting how she is a foil to Nazuna in some strong ways, such as being much more seductive and openly flirtatious as opposed to Nazuna, who is more reclusive and blunt. But, as opposed to Nazuna who has a heart of gold despite her persona, the hunter seems to be very much hiding some kind of secret will of malevolence under the surface.

I don't want to know what she would do to MC if she caught him, vampire or not. Let alone what she would do if she held Akari hostage given she has a connection through his other friend

Dex-chan lover
She sucks.

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread