Music Tournament 3: Anime Opening Songs!

Music Tournament 3: Anime Opening Songs!

• Anime-Only Ending Music

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Emotional Music (Anime, Games, Movies)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Video Game Town/City/Village/Civilization Music

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Relaxing Music

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Video Game-Only Intro/Opening Music

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Non-English/Japanese/Korean/Chinese Music

• Vocal Insert Songs In Anime/Games/Movies

• Other

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Group Leader
Music Tournament 3: Anime Opening Songs
689407.png

OK, everyone! This is the moment you all have been waiting for!
55.gif

We will now start the third music tournament: Anime Opening Songs!
099.gif

64 songs were chosen as the best, but there can only be one winner! Who will emerge victorious!? That's up to you!
Prize for the winner: MangaDex Swags!

You guys should already know the drill by now. Vote the songs you like best, that's all!
Please click here for more information and see the matches!
(Note: this site is not optimized for mobile, so the sake of your sanity, don't even try to open it on your phone!)

Today, we will start with our first 4 matches from Group A:

Dogfight - Initial D VS Uragiri No Yuuyake - DuRaRaRa!!
Believe - Gundam SEED VS My Pace Daiou - Genshiken
Will - The Melody of Oblivion VS God Only Knows - The World God Only Knows
Invoke - Gundam SEED VS Shin Ai - Winter Album

Please bold the songs that you vote for, or just copy and paste the full name of the songs. It'll be easier for me to count the votes that way. Try to post not too late. I will usually post the result around 10 PM GMT-8, CA time, so it's advisable that you cast your votes before then.
Upanhso.tk-1.gif

Those of you who submitted songs for the tournament, I look forward to seeing you vote as often as possible. Those who didn't submit anything or are still new to this, feel free to join in! The more, the merrier! You are welcome to discuss about the songs and anime they came from.
Upanhso.tk-53.gif

If you think a song is bad, and the person who submitted it has bad taste, just speak your mind. Feel free to fight each other if you wish. However, we will not be held responsible for any consequences. Mods do patrol this section once in a while, and they do love to flex their ban hammer. Just remember to have fun. If you don't, we will find your address, come to your house, and tickle you.
Upanhso.tk-74.gif

Here's a word from one of our sponsors:

Have some of this while you listen to the music:

1a.jpg

Lemon-Sweet-Tea.jpg

Now, crank up that volume, enjoy the music, and vote!
Don't forget to vote and discuss what theme you would like to see the next tournament be!
079.gif

Dex-chan lover
mad detective straight up shitting on bigtidd by making a dedicated site.
but link musikk here plz
also i think it's better to make a simple bracket graph like before, for easier tracking purpose.
and i just found out that my submissions didn't spread properly: they're in A,B,C and H

Dex-chan lover
Laziest sponsor message ever. But good images.
Also I know theres more effort but please hyperlink the songs due to differences in versions

Uragiri No Yuuyake. Both songs were energetic but I loved the vocals on Uragiri No Yuuyake.

Gundam seed-Believe. My pace might be a really really good song and fun but the only versions I found seem crap just the way the instrumental and vocals are layered. Believe was delivered way better in the post production side I reckon.

God knows. Will was really good and beats out most rpg songs. Serene and heart bumping at the same time. But God knows is just more my type

Invoke. I liked the whole of invoke but I only liked the bits after the hooks for the shin ai song. Girl had a cute voice though

Dex-chan lover
hol up the song/match up distribution is a mess? is it gonna get reorder or something?
@justforthelulz that suck lmao I only have a double entrant once

Group Leader
I already put the videos onto the website and made the brackets for each group, and you still ask for them on here...?

serena_angry.jpg

and i just found out that my submissions didn't spread properly: they're in A,B,C and H
What's this supposed to mean?

hyperlink the songs due to differences in versions
?

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
Two of my songs are in Group A (Invoke, Believe) and the others are in Group F (Pride, Bokutachi no Yukue).
Is this just bad randomizer bracket luck?

Dex-chan lover
Dogfight - Initial D
Believe - Gundam SEED
Will - The Melody of Oblivion
Invoke - Gundam SEED

Contributor
Uragiri No Yuuyake - DuRaRaRa!!
My Pace Daiou - Genshiken
Will - The Melody of Oblivion
Invoke - Gundam SEED

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
Don't mind the trivial matters.
Any effort put into giving the tournament more efficiency or flair is appreciated, but these aren't trivial matters.

There are multiple users who have had their submissions placed into the same bracket. This isn't fair as it means that some users have better odds at winning than others.

Additionally, the submission Goblin Slayer OP - Rightfully / Mili was linked to the wrong video. @sterven submitted it with the one I linked just now, while the video linked in the actual tournament (in Group H) is this one. I haven't checked yet for other submissions with different linked videos, but regardless, each submission should have the video that its respective user actually submitted.

I suggest postponing the tournament for a day or so to randomize the order of the submissions. For reference, the method I used to randomize the submissions was this:

[ol]1. List the submissions of each user and randomize the order in which they are listed. Their randomized order will determine which quadrant they will fall into, as well as ensure that none of the four submissions will fall into the same quadrant.

2. List each submission in quadrants 1, 2, etc., and randomize their order. Their randomized order will determine the match-ups, and, akin to the previous step, ensure that the match-ups are fair (fair as in selected randomly).[/ol]

Nevertheless, I will still be voting later in case you decide to go through with the tournament as is.

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz
Yeah, I'm super cereal. I just hope Detective-san doesn't take it as a personal attack or anything, as I'm, like other users, just concerned about the tournament's fairness.

@Mr_Detective
To further explain this:
A and B are both in one quadrant (presumably, unless you plan to match-up the winners of A and C/D/etc. (which would be strange)).

If they were spread equally, one of hazzack's songs would be in either A or B, one would be in either C or D, one would be in either E or F, and one would be in either G or H.

Dex-chan lover
uuhhh... yeah, what he says!
unless you want to explain the system again. go for it.

anyway, mia vote
Uragiri No Yuuyake - DuRaRaRa!!
Believe - Gundam SEED
God Only Knows - The World God Only Knows
Invoke - Gundam SEED

Group Leader
My phone just crash.....

thank you.

edit : anyway, thanks for the hardwork.

i forgot type that, bahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread