Rifle Is Beautiful

Dex-chan lover
So they're not shooting actual rifles? I guess that'd be a lot more popular.

Dex-chan lover
No, those are real rifles. Match rifles just look goofy. The charging thing is probably for some sort of indoor training device, or possibly a shot timer.

I believe those are ISSF 10-meter air rifles. The reference to "charged" would be a reference to those being precharged pneumatic (PCP) rifles that use a small onboard high-pressure air tank that has to be charged from another source, typically a big SCUBA-style air tank.

Aggregator gang
@rhcr I don't get the beam part though, they're not using lasers or something, are they? Also, I wasn't sure if they were using air rifles or small caliber ones (guess they're air rifles?).

Shame no pistols though. It's always the rifle shooters that get all the attention and fancy gear... I never even got the special flat shoes (whatever they might be called).

@jackslate if by "beam part" you mean the section under the barrel, that's the pressured air tank.

Ah, edit, my mistake, the "beam" mention on the last page ... it probably means the air tanks are empty.

Contributor
Is there actually a high school with this kind of club mmm...~?
Seems super awesome mmm...

Fed-Kun's army
Not being knowledgeable in re shooting, my interpretation of "there's no beam" was in regard to the previous frames; the sequence should have culminated in a beam of light from the heavens falling upon them as they stood grouped together, demonstrating that they were the Chosen of the Gods of Shooting.

Just as in The Blues Brothers, where John Belushi dropped to his knees while a beam of light fell upon him through the windows, illuminating him as he proclaimed that they were on a Mission from God.

That kind of beam.
Since there wasn't a beam, clearly someone forgot to charge the batteries.

In re shooting clubs in High Schools:
They are a lot less common than they used to be, but there are still High Schools in the US with competitive shooting clubs.
Unfortunately, being involved with competitive shooting is a lot more controversial than it used to be.
Where in the past it wasn't really noticed by those not involved, now it's considered an ideological stance even when it isn't initially; to be able to continue participating in competitive shooting one has to insure that possession of the equipment remains legal, and that results in associating with those who do have ideological agendas.

Dex-chan lover
Rifle is Beautiful
RIFLE IS FINE

szzfpx4140rz.jpg

Dex-chan lover
wow anime is indeed confirmed https://goboiano.com/girls-pick-up-guns-in-rifle-is-beautiful-anime/
"Finally, an anime about loving guns as much as Americans do!"

Sure am glad they picked the least interesting form of shooting to write about.

So "beam" is explained ...
I'm into this sport and first time hearing that term lol. Here we have something similar to that, but called SCATT (by the manufacturer of such system).

Aggregator gang
For those that have never had the pleasure to experience shooting with an air rifle (and I don't mean those kid rifles they give you at fairs), there is a pretty good simulation app on android (possibly even on ios, but I couldn't be bothered less to check) called "SWC: Rifle".

By "good" I mean "accurate", cause I didn't find it very entertaining...

Group Leader
This series' scanlation is currently put on hiatus for an indefinite duration.
I lost my current workstation pc and have no replacement (I'm typing this via phone lol) so until i get another way of scanlating, there will be no more releases from us.
On behalf of the group, thanks you for your understanding. Have a good day.

Anime adaptation has been announced, the anime will be produced by Studio 3Hz.

Dex-chan lover
@Bastej66 they should've named it "School shooting the animation"

Users who are viewing this thread