Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Bounty 1

Fed-Kun's army
Really? At least save the poor girl being abused. I always hate it in stories when the MC has the option to save someone but never does.

Dex-chan lover
@SovietWeeb And what next? Will he look after the woman for the rest of her life? Seeing how she was sitting there on the ground, she might have been sick or a drug addict as well, making her circumstances all the more complicated.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kaarme I can't really remember anything since It's been 6 Months since I originally posted that. But your thinking way too much into it. Tons of stories can have someone being saved but not become a burden to the MC. Normally the person will go their separate ways from the MC. Also, This is just a story and doesn't really need detailed explanations of every character.

Dex-chan lover
@SovietWeeb Yeah, perhaps, but on the other hand this story did try to make something of a point of the responsibilities of a slave owner as well. A slave needs to be treated, fed, and housed well enough. That's already a step further than isekai series with slaves usually go. So, if you save a person momentarily, it's meaningless if the person is in the exact same situation the next day. Or even in a worse situation.

But, yes, six months is unarguably a long time. Sorry about that.

Fed-Kun's army
Dick MC, he totally could’ve saved the to-be-raped Villager and chose not to for “investigative purposes”. It’s not like the victim had to help or join the protagonist or anything, and it also isn’t like the MC had to reveal who he was - he was cloaked, and could hit them with the side of his sword to refrain from killing them. The MC not saving her paints him in a bad light

Dex-chan lover
Scouting to commit some murders for money so he can buy a slave, "Why isn't he saving some random stranger?"

I'll take whatever they're drinking, barkeep. Seems like some strong stuff.

Fed-Kun's army
i mean he had no reason to save her but still he could have took her with him while she was still hiding

This is hidden gem.
No super op Mc, no idiot Mc saving everyone, no idiot Mc killing bad guys at sight.
It's pretty realistic and I love.
And seeing retards in comments crying about realistic Mc is really satisficing.

Dex-chan lover
And seeing retards in comments crying about realistic Mc is really satisficing

100000% AGREE!
No self righteous trying to bite more than what they can gulp.
No cringy plot armor that's tougher than fucking titanium.
So far, it's very reasonable.

Dex-chan lover
As for the disagreements over whether the MC is a dick or realistic, I think you have to think about these things in terms of what the story is going for. Idealistic heroic stories where the MC is a good guy who saves the day, defeats the villains and everyone ends up happy is enjoyable in one way, and grittier stories (like this one) where the protagonist is an antihero who makes rational self-interested choices are interesting in a different way. This story is going for the latter (at least for the time being), and it does so in a pretty well-written way so far, so I'm having a good time with it, but I also like the more idealistic stories too. Also, as much as the MC is not too heroic, at least he's not acting like a smug and superior asshole like some antihero MCs (looking at you Arifureta).

Users who are viewing this thread