Hortensia Saga

I'll hold off on rating since the first chapter may actually be a glimpse of the future, but I have a few complaints if not. First of all, the story progresses too fast and makes it unclear what the main plot is. Furthermore, the characters have yet to be properly introduced. I couldn't tell you the relationship between the two because it's so ambiguous.

Again power of spirit , unlimited friendship, solidarity 😌 . Come on, please create a new plot, author-san

Dex-chan lover
Man the person that did the translation...they need that proof reader ASAP.

Why did this 💩 got an anime adaptation??? There's a lot of better isekai who look more promising

Aggregator gang
It's so basic and generic. This is like the default example story that would come with writing software. Not a single original bone in Its body. Why even bother making it?

so, the reason this is all mediocre is because it's an adaptation of a video game, and those adaptations almost never do well

Basically Arslan Senki, just a lot worse. I don't know why this is even a thing after similar fantasy stories got a manga and anime adaptation (e.g. Arslan Senki,Guin Saga, to name two famous ones from the top of my head), it makes this look so bad.
And although stories without the "spirited away" fantasy setting have been a bummer lately (I'm looking at you, Grancrest Senki & Cerberus), there were some good ones with it (Eldlive for example was enjoyable, at least within its premise of a low-budget fantasy story; Sadly, Arata Kangatari only got the short teaser treatment, because the story gets interesting after the anime ends).

In terms of Video game adaptations, Tales of Zestiria was pretty ok, as well as Chain Chronicles. They did not focus on world building as much as they did on character development (which was a bit to their detriment), but at least it wasn't all about just beating the final bad guy/archenemy/whatever. However, there is no point in playing the game if you make the story perfect, so I can somewhat understand why they wouldn't want the anime to be too good.

Group Leader
This SEEMS like a good series, but I want to see OP isekai MCs so I'm going to just never read this manga ever again

Users who are viewing this thread