Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

Dex-chan lover
Not just another isekai, but an otome game isekai! This time a male gets to play a male character. Let's see if it'll be ok.

Wow dude, in the beginning this MC doesn't do anything about his sister who needs to be trained properly...

A male protagonist in a game world which happens to have a matriarchal society. Okay lets follow and see how this develops

it's an isekai but in an otome game with a male mc...
it's a twist of the popular isekai(with male mc in a world of sword,magic etc...) and otome isekai (female mc goes to game world of fantasy,romance etc...)
has some potential since it's not the common isekai

Fed-Kun's army
I'm happy that the Author got his first manga adaptation, but it's frustrating as a die-hard fan of Sevens didn't get a manga adaptation.

So far I'm a bit skeptic about this novel/manga, but for only 80 chapters in syosetu, a single volume novel, it already got a manga adaptation, so I'll just put this one on my reading list to see how it goes and why Sevens which is at least on the top 20 of the best selling Light Novel every release didn't get an adaptation.

Fed-Kun's army
Ill see how this goes later on the chapters, but I like it so far ?

Reminds me of this
https://www.google.co.id/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/6a74on/original_what_do_you_call_a_feminist_government/

BCS

Dex-chan lover
>Read premise

LITERALLY a beta uprising?

>romance tag

oh

Fed-Kun's army
I remember reading this on the webnovel.
The world setting are pretty fucked up.

The author seems to have combined "poor people do all the work while the rich benefit from it" and "women don't get to make choices about their own lives and are evaluated on their value as an 'investment'" into one big "men do all the work but women hold all the power" superoppression. Which is the kind of thing you'd come up with if your close female relations are tyrannical, abusive jerks, I guess(I know there's men out there who think that real life is like this), but it's less complex than the intersectionality that exists in reality.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the author is writing about a particularly nuanced topic but wants to focus entirely on the extreme case. No research done, no personal experience, just cartoon villainy by a fantasy matriarchy. It's appealing to people who have a bone to pick with women, not attempting to explore real-life issues in a way that's more relatable to the audience.

Dex-chan lover
In a world where men go to war and die, the amount of women should be abundant, yet our MC is supposed to marry a >40 woman? Either the author is a troll or his IQ dropped too much (e.g. being hit by frying pan every day).

Fed-Kun's army
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL

@WhoCares yeah it's weird. My first thought was giving them the benefit of the doubt, and assuming that this was some weird commentary on how women have in the past been used as contracts between families. Only this time the author reversed the genders to make men understand the plight better.

However, the more I read the less that image seemed to fit. Now it is more akin to the whole "men are the true oppressed class" spiel that incels go on about. That and the whole "Alpha/beta" thing, which is ironically worse than pseudo-science since the original author retracted the study (turns out animals in capture aren't completely normal in the head).

Fed-Kun's army
Remember how early harem series like Love Hina were written sorta tongue-in-cheek? Despite their issues the MCs always had some redeeming quality you could relate to, "yea this guy might be an idiot but he's really tenacious, he cares about people" and so on.

But this shithead was written for losers, by a loser.

Users who are viewing this thread