Jaminis Box shutting down

Contributor
Even to the very end, their group name will forever be misspelled LMAO.
...Maybe that's why their website wasn't getting as much traffic as they expected?
Because everyone searched for "Jamini's Box" instead of "Jaimini's Box"? j/k

jaimini.png

Dex-chan lover
I'm suddenly left without Kaguya and 100 Girlfriends. The former is going to have an official release in my country (only downside, it will take years to catch up) and anyway it's too popular to not being picked up by someone. The latter...I can only keep my fingers crossed.

Dex-chan lover
I stopped checking their site since I found guyamoe for Kaguya-sama but dang lol rip

Good riddance tbh.
A lot of their stuff has been available officially for years anyways.

https://mangadex.org/thread/92399/1/#post_759294

Power Uploader
I really liked their Kaguya scanlations, they were one of the bests. I don't know if any other group will be able to keep up with the same quality

Contributor
If group is dead then chapter can be uploaded after 6 months like with mangastream

Group Leader
Jaimini has cut ties with Mangadex long ago anyway, so they certainly won't be missed.
It's kinda funny how they expected any manga aggregators would abide their request to remove the uploads, much less read their post to begin with.

Double-page supporter
> If group is dead then chapter can be uploaded after 6 months like with mangastream

Why 6 months? Shouldn't it be instantly?

Dead group = inactive group. According to 2.4 inactivation request should be send to the group but since group is dead there's no reason to even bother :)

Contributor
It’s a shame that their Kaguya translations are better than Viz’s translations, but yeah after all the shit they’ve done I can’t really mourn them.

Would the “six months after closing” rule still apply to them, or would things be different considering they directly mentioned they were shutting down?

Double-page supporter
Pretty sure MD will still wait the 6 months. The rule doesn't say anything about groups announcing their disbanding. Only says that inactivation requests must come after 6 months of no releases. Seeing how vindictive JB are, they'll likely first request exemption, then request any series that have official licenses not be uploaded. I don't know why 2.4.1.3 was ever even made. It's a weird rule.

It was made to define what is considered an inactive group. In fact it used to be only four months but groups with egos as big as JB complained about it.

I look forward to a "brand new" scanlation group that unites the old JB veterans under a new name, to avoid being associated with years of questionable practices, so the money can start flowing again.
Unless of course, a group like this already exists!

Contributor
@Atsuro

I mean, look at Mangastream. 6+ months and no Mangastream 2, as far as I’m aware.

Users who are viewing this thread