Call of the Night - Vol. 5 Ch. 42 - My parents aren't home today

Group Leader
It really is true though. We spend months and weeks thinking of a thing we really want, but after we get it, in a week, we’re already used to its presence and become bored of it.

Dex-chan lover
If he didn't get excited i would be worried.

Still want him to become a vampire, but i like that the author is addressing things in a believable way, there have to drawbacks.

And now we know how much time Nazuna is a vampire, 10 years, same time as the teacher isnt it? Coincidence? Who turned her, she seems to be straight as far as i can see so her "master" should be a man, but what if it wasn't.

Dex-chan lover
This may like a simplistic chapter, but there's a lot of character depth going on here, like how Naz is conflicted on if she should turn him into a vampire, MC's second thoughts and questioning his own freedom, a lot of interesting developments on MC's home life, and the implication that she may never actually love him back, or at least she thinks so, and so lays the thought the she'll just be using him for his body for the next year or so. It's good stuff and it's all implied subtly

They're making light of the situation because they know how serious it is, and they want to relieve the stress a bit, hence all the sex jokes at the beginning that aren't really meant to be funny, but to alleviate the tension in the air a bit.

Interesting take on the problems with being a vampire. Boredom has always been my argument against immortality. With no clock ticking there's no reason to rush and before you know it you stagnate.

Well i hope he changes his mind again and becomes one anyways well since the way it works is he becomes a vampire if he falls in love hanging out just because he wanted to become a vampire wouldn't work anyways and well its normal to have doubts about something like that lol

Dex-chan lover
Ok... Nazuna likes Kou after all? Or maybe it's something way more gross than just that?

I dig that she respects the dilemma Kou is going through and tries to be a little be more honest with him now that she feels they might be parting ways in the future (SINCE HE'S GONNA DIE IN A FUCKIN' YEAR)

My question: Does that painful expression represent what she's truly feeling or is it just a side-effect of being a vampire?

She can't even handle the mention of the word "love" and seems rather genuine about it. So I'm gonna trust her for now, given she's also really genuine about expressing her affection for Kou, even if harsh and kinky words are what come of her mouth.

There's also that the reason she might not have talked to him about the boring parts of being a vampire is precisely because she wanted him to like her. Not in the "love" sense but in the platonic/friendship with the added benefict of securing high nutritional value food.

Maybe she just wanted a true friend but because of how they became acquainted with each other she's also been burdened for a while by the fact that he might not hang as much with her if she wasn't a vampire. "Vampire" became the connection between the two, and if that dissapears their friendship might go away too. (Which it's not true, Kou likes Nazuna pretty much and that's why he tries to offer his blood anyway in this chapter)

So, why doesn't Nazuna kiss Kou and instead licks the scar the two have agreed to continue to open for the enterity of the manga, why doesn't she also bite him?

It might be a symbolic act that precisely represents Nazuna's intention of respecting the consent that forms the basis of their relationship. Maybe. Like trying to heal the scar that joins then together now that it's no needed anymore.

I'M STILL WAITING FOR A MENTION ON THE TIME LIMIT. I know the detective is strong af, but now Mahiru, Akira and Kou himself along with some extra characters have their life on the line and that hasn't been mentioned at all.

Edit: I hate it so much when we get the serious @Tamerlane in the comment section. Always makes me feel like all my time spent writing this "thing" is completely unnecessary when they analize the situation in two paragraphs better than I can.

I actually love you. Keep 'em up!

Users who are viewing this thread