Oppai Nante Tsuite Konakute Yokatta - Oneshot

Contributor
A pixiv one-shot that was apparently submitted to Shounen Jump Plus's Rookie Next Generation (少年ジャンプ+次世代少年漫画賞応募作)
The link is dead, but it used to be here: https://rookie.shonenjump.com/series/X1vJnKYl-3g (can still be viewed in cache?)

Special thanks to @pockettrash for help with the title.

Cached image from SJ+:
cached.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
So she's glad she isn't approached because she's gay? Or is there another meaning?

Double-page supporter
Im kinda confused but i guess she means to say she’s glad her friend (or lover if you wanna be lewd) isn’t there to fondle some tits

Double-page supporter
"I'm glad my boobs are the reason people don't approach me." (she says with a sad face)
(Because she doesn't like the gazes of men(which has nothing to do with approaching, they're still doing it), because she's aliented by girls(Why would she be glad about this?), and her shoulders hurt(what does that have to do with approaching?)

"...but above all that i'm glad that i'm not approached because of my boobs" (reiterating the exact same thing)
(also this sounds weird because it feels like everything she said before is a "good thing", basically "among all these great things, above it all i'm glad..." but she clearly hates everything that came before, this is the only thing she likes about her boobs, and its not even something about her boobs she likes. she's just glad her lover doesnt like her soley for her tits.

its more like "These breasts which everyone naturally think are so great suck and cause people to avoid me or do things I don't like, thus i'm happy when someone doesn't like me because of my breasts but because of me" but written or translated strangely

Dex-chan lover
It's a similar energy to "I'm glad I'm poor. I know that people who are friends with me aren't here for my money/status"

Dex-chan lover
Meh. A greater share of the bisexual and homosexual women whom I've known than of the guys whom I've known have been keen on breasts.

There's a bit of wordplay that I think non-native English speakers might not pick up on without tone to help them:

"I'm glad my boobs are the reason people don't approach me" is exactly what it sounds like. She has big tits, she's an outlier, most people don't get close to her one way or another.

"I am glad that I'm not approached because of my boobs", however, implies that she's being approached (by this girl specifically) for OTHER reasons, which is further implied to be love based on the art in the last panel. She isn't being approached because of her boobs - she's being approached because the other girl loves her for who she is.

That said it's still not a phenomenal oneshot, but I think the sheer volume of very low scores is unwarranted. This is average girls love with a little clever wordplay that got lost in translation a bit.

Double-page supporter
Feels like most of the dialogue shouldn't be glad but sad since she's complaining about pretty much everything.

Dex-chan lover
Thx. I'm confused

Edit : Oh. Does she have a hard time making friends so she's blaming her breasts?
The last sentence probably means the other girl is straight so she has to like her for who she is.
This may not make any sense tho. I just woke up

@BigJim that's exactly why it has a massive volume of low scores. It doesn't do anything with its formula, it's not that entertaining, and the main character has no development beyond 'I blame all of my problems on my beeg anime tiddy also muh shoulders'. It's to the point where I don't think this was even written by a woman in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread