My Secretly Hot Husband

Double-page supporter
I like that it starts of in reverse.... They already have a good relationship, but hubby is a dimwit.

(handsome)2 equals "pretty face"
What did his mother ate to have such a pretty son like that? 😂😂😂
I'm afraid anyone else would faint if they see his face (both gender)

I don't get all the support for the FL right now for some reason?
Why doesn't she try to convince him that he is handsome? In my eyes it's low-key manipulative to keep his self-esteem low like that just for her sake.
Imagine if the gender was reversed honestly, this double standard smh.

I do hope that this story isn't going the direction where I think it's going, bc the FL feels like a narcissist. Tbh I won't be surprised if he felt ugly bc she convinced him that he is :/

Edited to add: She also burnt his divorce paper... damn how cute is thatt 🙄

Dex-chan lover
The description is surprisingly funny, which makes me worried seeing as there’s no comedy tag.

Group Leader
@somebodi I feel the same way, that's... high key manipulative and scary??? Like spreading a rumor so that my husband has low self esteem so that he would be grateful and dependant on me? And removing any means to escape the marriage?

I'm a bit worried to start reading it now, I hope that's just a bad summary.

@Mngtr I'm pretty sure that his reputation precedes her own actions. What we are sure of though is that she is perpetuating it, and he, for the time being, doesn't seem to be aware of how she may be sabotaging his life.

I'm actually interested in the story to see if he actually will end up realizing shit is going down from her behavior. Idk any other stories where it's the boy that has to navigate an abusive relationship of this kind, for what's even a pretty similar reason.

huge vain bitch energy exudes from the description alone

@Mngtr So glad someone agreed, I was getting worried from all the people cheering the FL on ^^;

@Almirage I sure hope it'll go that route! A ML escaping from an abusive relationship? Yes please!

@Somebodi Before I read the spoilers for the original novel (no worries, won't be posting any here as I don't know how to use spoiler tag EDIT: I think I figured it out), I figured since he's obviously handsome, there must be a legitimate reason or plot point to why everyone around him, including ML, is convinced he's ugly except for FL - and why FL is acting the way she is. I thought that if it was as simple as him taking off his mask or getting a mirror, the story wouldn't have began this way in the first place. After reading the spoilers, in the most vaguest way possible, I can say that it's not what you think it is, and that FL is not an abusive person locking ML into a toxic relationship. And as for the matter of her burning the divorce papers
ML apparently would sabotage his own divorce efforts despite saying he wants to divorce her. Because he truly doesn't want to divorce her, but feels that he should for her sake due to his situation.
However, I do agree that a manhwa exploring a story of a ML escaping an abusive relationship would definitely be quite interesting to read.

@randomnz Thanks for the input! I'm glad there's a real reason she's doing this (hopefully a good enough reason). I felt like I had to comment bc there were obviously some huge red flags but no one had said anything ^^; but with what you said in mind I'll give it a chance.

@Somebodi No problem! I understand what you mean, I appreciate people calling out red flags as I hate to read works that romanticize such problems. Personally, I think this seems to be a generally light-hearted (and comedic, according to the original novel's genres) read about two adorkable idiots.

If you want, I can PM you the link for spoilers so you can check it out for yourself to see if the story is acceptable with your own eyes. I don't want you to waste your time reading it if it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread